@Riot: Why no solo queue Ranked for TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avathar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirakFaeryn View Post
Solo queue in ranked is for people who like draft pick but don't feel like rounding up other people. As for the number of friends needed I already explained my thoughts on that, gotta be a real illiterate to not grasp that concept.

you realize that having a ranking system on a solo queue when you have 5 man teams is still pointless
unless you get someone to take you to where the competent players are around 1800, Its still only luck. one game you get a shen who dies 5 times to cassiopiea in the laning phase, the next time that shen is on the other team.
solo queue has absolutely nothing to do with skill at low elo and everything to do with who you rando.
its not like it would be hard for them to make a normal mode with draft pick.
to use a tired reference dota had random draft, single draft, all random and all pick modes, and you knew which you were getting in before you joined, and if what you wanted wasnt available, you could make a game with it. but we still have custom games where we are penalized IP wise for trying to play the game in a mode that we want to.

Teemo Kanye West

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
you realize that having a ranking system on a solo queue when you have 5 man teams is still pointless
unless you get someone to take you to where the competent players are around 1800, Its still only luck. one game you get a shen who dies 5 times to cassiopiea in the laning phase, the next time that shen is on the other team.
solo queue has absolutely nothing to do with skill at low elo and everything to do with who you rando.
its not like it would be hard for them to make a normal mode with draft pick.
to use a tired reference dota had random draft, single draft, all random and all pick modes, and you knew which you were getting in before you joined, and if what you wanted wasnt available, you could make a game with it. but we still have custom games where we are penalized IP wise for trying to play the game in a mode that we want to.
Yeah I just really want the ability to have Mundo/Singed banned, and maybe see where I'm at Elo wise even if it is luck based.

Lachryma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

I too would like a solo queue TT ranked option. Normal games are fine and all but having to rely on getting other people for the thrill of ranked is kinda annoying.

I wouldn't even mind the wait times, I understand not that many play TT.

Venom

Recruiter

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatestman View Post
One, that was nearly unintelligible. Two, I find TT much more exciting that SR. When do you have a level one full team fight on SR? Never. Treeline? Pretty frequently, and it's awesome.
Wut was unintelligible? Last time I q for TT I waited 10 minutes got bored and went for SR, TT seems dead in normal games... Im not sure how many players would solo Q for TT.

TT seems very unbalanced IMO, and people would wine so much when they doesn't have a jungler, anyway, if u guys think it's a good idea, go for ir.

Loonybin

02-02-2011

it is because TT is much harder, so peole would fail hard.

Rodz

02-02-2011

theres already enough tards in SR.

Teemo Kanye West

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrider View Post
Wut was unintelligible? Last time I q for TT I waited 10 minutes got bored and went for SR, TT seems dead in normal games... Im not sure how many players would solo Q for TT.

TT seems very unbalanced IMO, and people would wine so much when they doesn't have a jungler, anyway, if u guys think it's a good idea, go for ir.
Jesus, my q is only like 1-2 minutes. I actually have a longer q for SR most times. Weird.

ShirakFaeryn

02-03-2011

Bump