@Riot: Why no solo queue Ranked for TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShirakFaeryn

02-02-2011

Tired of SR, and rather enjoy playing TT. I like draft pick and the only way to get that on TT is to grab a couple of friends and queue up as a full premade. Why does SR get a solo queue and TT doesn't? I know 2 random people aren't hard to come by, but often I prefer to just hit the solo queue button and not worry about idle chit-chat or feeling committed to playing with someone later just because I've added them but my RL friend is on and i'd rather play with him instead.

...TLDR=Want solo queue TT plz...If no, then why?

P.S: I know SR let's you duo-queue in solo, but that'd be BS i believe for TTsince two people would constitute almost the entire team.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Um... the real question (imo) is why does Riot allow solo (duo) que for 5v5 ranked?

They should add in clan support and focus on full premade for ranked only, leaving solo que to the normal games. In short, the game is a team effort to win. I've seen a lot of complains about ppl getting "held back" by randoms... let's slit the throat on this team problem and make ppl bring their own **** teams, nuff said.

Ditch solo que in ranked. Full teams only. 4 friends, not too much to ask. 2 for tt, gotta be a real loser to not have that on hand <_<

ShirakFaeryn

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosuko View Post
Um... the real question (imo) is why does Riot allow solo (duo) que for 5v5 ranked?

They should add in clan support and focus on full premade for ranked only, leaving solo que to the normal games. In short, the game is a team effort to win. I've seen a lot of complains about ppl getting "held back" by randoms... let's slit the throat on this team problem and make ppl bring their own **** teams, nuff said.

Ditch solo que in ranked. Full teams only. 4 friends, not too much to ask. 2 for tt, gotta be a real loser to not have that on hand <_<

Solo queue in ranked is for people who like draft pick but don't feel like rounding up other people. As for the number of friends needed I already explained my thoughts on that, gotta be a real illiterate to not grasp that concept.

ehkayeh

02-02-2011

i don't see why they don't allow solo que for TT games.. it seems logical.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirakFaeryn View Post
Solo queue in ranked is for people who like draft pick but don't feel like rounding up other people. As for the number of friends needed I already explained my thoughts on that, gotta be a real illiterate to not grasp that concept.
I'm not illiterate, I just don't care. Your suggestion is to make ranked worse by giving even more chances for randoms to ruin ppls games. Randoms create elo hell, whether they really are as bad as ppl think or not, they do create it. They create it because they give players a wildcard in their efforts to victory.

Solution - remove wild cards. Make ranked full premade only. Without this, elo hell will persist, simply because anyone can solo que into ranked regardless of whether or not they care.

- I do not care if you like draft pick or not, ranked should be for full prearranged only.

ShirakFaeryn

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosuko View Post
I'm not illiterate, I just don't care. Your suggestion is to make ranked worse by giving even more chances for randoms to ruin ppls games. Randoms create elo hell, whether they really are as bad as ppl think or not, they do create it. They create it because they give players a wildcard in their efforts to victory.

Solution - remove wild cards. Make ranked full premade only. Without this, elo hell will persist, simply because anyone can solo que into ranked regardless of whether or not they care.

- I do not care if you like draft pick or not, ranked should be for full prearranged only.

And I could care less about your opinions about full premades only. How does it make ranked worse? They don't pit premades against solo queuers, thus this would have no impact on you whatsoever. Don't like solo queue? Fine. Don't queue it. Gosh...Was that so hard?

Back on topic though, they need to either impliment solo queue ranked for TT, or allow us to track our stats again for normal games and enable draft pick for normal.

thegreatestman

02-02-2011

Yeah, I've made a couple threads about this. I don't play SR at all, and it sucks not having solo-queue ranked on TT. Especially since draft mode is more important, I think, on TT than on SR, because of the way certain champs that may be balanced on SR are seriously overpowered on TT (read: Singed, Tryn, Mundo).

I've never seen a reasonable answer for this from Riot, other than their standard disregard for TT.

Venom

Recruiter

02-02-2011

TT is sometimes boring even in a premade, no reason to create another Q to have even a longer Q.

thegreatestman

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrider View Post
TT is sometimes boring even in a premade, no reason to create another Q to have even a longer Q.
One, that was nearly unintelligible. Two, I find TT much more exciting that SR. When do you have a level one full team fight on SR? Never. Treeline? Pretty frequently, and it's awesome.

Teemo Kanye West

02-02-2011

I agreee, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard for Riot to implement this, and even if TT players are the minority, it would still add some much needed variety (other than the constant parade of new champs ugh) into the game. Seems like a no-brainer to me.