Whats the best 5 man team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrickRed

01-19-2010

I was wondering what other people think would be a good 5 man team. I dont really know who would be on a good 5 man, my guess is a tank, caster, support and 2 dps but im not sure, and dont really have any specific char's that would fill any of those spots.

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Blitzcrank / Karthus / TF / Twitch / Udyr is my favorite.

I think there's a thread about this somewhere. It's mainly personal opinion though, since LoL has alot of 5-man combos that could work.

TheI3east

01-19-2010

Kat / Morgana / Twitch / Kayle / Malphite, even with the nerfs to Kat and Twitch, they win teamfights.

Black Shield on Kat during Ult, Kayle invuln on Twitch, other 3 have enough bulk they don't need shields, 2 stuns/roots, 3 snares, 5 AoEs, including Malphite and Kat's ult and Kayle's ranged AoE attack.

Credit goes to MegaZero, tested, still rapes face.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheI3east View Post
Kat / Morgana / Twitch / Kayle / Malphite, even with the nerfs to Kat and Twitch, they win teamfights.

Black Shield on Kat during Ult, Kayle invuln on Twitch, other 3 have enough bulk they don't need shields, 2 stuns/roots, 3 snares, 5 AoEs, including Malphite and Kat's ult and Kayle's ranged AoE attack.

Credit goes to MegaZero, tested, still rapes face.
Yes, Competent players playing that build would be so very painful to play against. Would require a lot of moving around and diving on Morg and Kayle to blow ult cd's.

Lil Will

01-19-2010

I'm wondering if a team of Sivir/Taric/Corki/Udyr/Malphite would work. Honestly, Sivir and Taric could probably push a lane in about 5 minutes. I saw it once and I was like.........Holy ****.

Blackhearts

01-19-2010

just get aoe heros and u will won everything...

like nuno, gangplank, blitz, mummy(to hold other team for aoe ultys), and OFCURSE fiddel

these are the best aoe heros..

Viro Melchior

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhearts View Post
just get aoe heros and u will won everything...

like nuno, gangplank, blitz, mummy(to hold other team for aoe ultys), and OFCURSE fiddel

these are the best aoe heros..

Until their team baits you and attacks from all sides.

Ideally you want 3 strong AoE champions, one strong single-target nuker, and a champion to help cover weaknesses. Or if nothing else, a good spot-ganker for their stragglers.

From your example, Blitzcrank, Mummy, Gankplank form a strong team core. Blitz's rocket grab is stellar for isolating a team member, forcing a fight. Amumu's bandage is excellent for initiating against their team if they DO clump (or just for stunning a single target). And Gankplank's AoE slows a large area though relies on random luck for exactly where the hits land.
Add in a strong nuker (Annie and Ryze are great examples, as both also have stun ability as well as AoE options).
And finally, look for a 5th member to cover weaknesses, or take advantage of the strengths a team like this creates. Twitch would be one of my choices (able to prey on them easily if they break up, or SnP into the middle of a cannonball storm if they group together). Twisted Fate is also stellar, or any champion with a good movement speed buff.

So the "aoe" strategy, I'd recommend a build of Blitzcrank, Amumu, Gangplank, Annie, and Twitch. Not 5 champs who can only hope to pin all 5 of them in one spot long enough to blow aoe ultimates. Speaking of which, you failed to mention Karthus, whose AoE has the advantage of NOT being on a mentionable cooldown.
Flash spells 100% defeat the AoE strat with a full team. Everyone rushes in as Amumu pops his ultimate. Yeti starts howling, their entire team flashes out pops their own ultis, and starts shredding your frozen yeti, or your more fragile members if they are close enough.

TonyOrtiz

01-19-2010

right now, you have to have Udyr. and I think how each character builds is very important too. in my opinion of the top team, I assume that Morgana is going hp/def build.

Udyr, Twisted Fate, Nidalee, Morgana, Rammus

the fifth spot really doesn't mean that much. it could be one of 5 or 6 champs, I just think Rammus fits best, with how crazt taunt is right now. I had to think for a bit about who I would want in that 5th spot. I considered Fiddle, Sivir, Poppy, Blitz, and Veigar. Yi would have had Udyr's spot before the last patch.

stealthers don't have the same impact in a game with good players. Shaco is really the only one that seems to do decent in top tier play, and that's mostly from his other abilities being so good, which allow him do some really good back dooring, and solo jungling (like soloing baron). if you were talking about an average player game, i might change this team up a bit.

SomeoneRandom

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyOrtiz View Post
stealthers don't have the same impact in a game with good players. Shaco is really the only one that seems to do decent in top tier play, and that's mostly from his other abilities being so good, which allow him do some really good back dooring, and solo jungling (like soloing baron). if you were talking about an average player game, i might change this team up a bit.
I lol'd.. shaco is terrible at high end play while twitch is OP.... the twitch nerf was so small your carry should always be twitch if you want to be competitive

dreamenddischarger

01-19-2010

Fiddle/Twitch/Twisted Fate/Sivir/Kayle