[SUGGESTION] Customizable "Recommended Items" List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonDust

01-27-2010

Totally agreed with this idea.

The sooner the better .

RiotVitzkrieg

Technical Artist

01-29-2010

Whew, I'm glad I checked to see if this had already been suggested. I wouldn't have wanted to create a duplicate post

But yeah, this would be a simple but extremely useful update. Plus it would give me a way to sink more time into LoL when I'm not playing!

+1

Avela

02-01-2010

I totally agree with the OP. I almost never follow the suggested items, and it would be much faster and easier to have preselected the items you normally use, instead of searching through menus while they destroy your towers.

Viro Melchior

02-01-2010

Rayven (or any other Riot employee), is this something we can hope for in 1-2 months, or would it be more "long term goals"?

Personally, I think it should be one of the top priorities (along with per-champ runes/masteries and increasing zoom distance [though that'll take barely any code to just raise a maximum]).

trykki

02-05-2010

This seems like it actually might take a deceptively large amount of work, since it means incorporating the entire item database into the PVP.net Client. Not to say it would be a bad thing (having access to updated item lists from PVP.net would be AWESOME in it's own right.)

However, I think it would pay off very quickly. I would love to see this implemented as soon as possible.

Alaric11

02-06-2010

me likey.

Viro Melchior

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by trykki View Post
This seems like it actually might take a deceptively large amount of work, since it means incorporating the entire item database into the PVP.net Client. Not to say it would be a bad thing (having access to updated item lists from PVP.net would be AWESOME in it's own right.)

However, I think it would pay off very quickly. I would love to see this implemented as soon as possible.
That isn't a hard "must". It could be something incorporated into the in-game options. Like "right click a recommended item to set it to the current selected item". There still would be the work of setting up the databases/files for the storage of that information, but it doesn't have to be on the PvP.net side of things.

Although I agree out-of-game item list functionality would be great, and I'd love to see this option available outside of the game if it's added. Just sayin it doesn't HAVE to be coded into PvP.net.

Hacktor

02-08-2010

I agree... maybe have 2 sets of items\ standard recommended items and a drag and drop self made item list (somethign to do in that downtime).. maybe the option to save it ...

Viro Melchior

02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacktor View Post
I agree... maybe have 2 sets of items\ standard recommended items and a drag and drop self made item list (somethign to do in that downtime).. maybe the option to save it ...
Even just having 1 set of items per champ would be phenomenal. Like for me playing Singed, I build multiple different ways, but half the items I want aren't on the quick list. Being able to put Force of Nature, Aegis, and Frozen Heart onto it would help immensely in saving time even if I only get any of them in half the games I play. Better than the 2 items that I *never* buy because they don't synergize at all with how I use the champion.

Or Twitch, Malady is a core item for most players, and Infinity Edge for the rest (sometimes both). Yet neither are on the list.

Also, no "old" champions have any of the new gear (I love mobility boots on Twitch).

default name

02-11-2010

Question. Are the recommended items stored server side?