Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guerrilla333

02-02-2011

Just began to play ashe after nerfs to carry ms reduction.

Looking for your opinions on ashe AD/AS or both?.

When I play ashe, I don't build any AS (rarely) and usually 3doran blade(counters ashe squishyness followed by IE/swiftness/LW staple build then with defense items.

What are my reasons not to build AS? Ashe is really squishy, doesn't have an escape like trist so she can't really stay in 1 spot to fire fire and fire.

She needs to kite people (Shoot 1 slow arrow run, shoot another, add volley(s) in there so AS doesn't help there either)

AD benefits more + with added bonus ur volley is based off AD.

What are your thoughts about ashe? J/w

LouieTheHedgehog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

You are correct in all your points. Except for boots of swiftness. Treads will save your life.

Guerrilla333

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesde View Post
You are correct in all your points. Except for boots of swiftness. Treads will save your life.
True, but treads are situation when the other team has a lot of CC.

Imo, Yes, they can save your life but at the same time they are not exactly at the same cost level as a swiftness. That can set you back on money to buy other important items like IE/LW. I get swiftness as a boot to kite people around my thoughts -> Fast MS + Slow atk - Infinite kite.

Chingmeister

02-02-2011

Phage stacks with frost arrow...as long as your stacking snares the ms reduction doesn't matter.

biomorph

02-02-2011

Quote:
No they will not, on rare occasion yes they might. Getting Merc Treads is of course always a good idea if you want to play those odds.
Swift Boots will help you position your self which is perhaps the most important "skill" to master when playing a ranged carry and high mobility is the best tool to facilitate just that. And that is why I prefer Swift Boots, and later in game a Phantom Dancer so I can dance a lot.

Cenerae

02-02-2011

I generally skip merc treads on Ashe, unless there's only 1 or 2 roots/stuns on the enemy team. Reasoning: If the enemy team is going to chain disable me (as they will be doing if I'm doing my job correctly), I'm dead with or without merc treads, so I may as well get something that's going to help me out.

I also tend to run Cleanse on Ashe a lot, which helps a ton.

A little bit of attack speed won't hurt, but you already touched on the reasoning as to why you don't prioritise it. Zerker greaves if you think you don't need mercs or swiftness, and possibly a black cleaver later. No more than that would be needed really. That minor amount of AS can help you stick on a runner easier since your attack animation doesn't take as long.

Guerrilla333

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
instead of starting with a doran's blade, you should consider starting with a long sword + health potion. it's 100 more health in the lane and gives you a head start on one of your items (ashe has quite a few options off of a long sword). not only does this allow you to build more aggressively in matches that you have a good start, but it leads to a better defensive options as well.

3 doran's blades is only 375g away from a hexdrinker. for that small amount you could have had 8 more attack damage, 30 magic resist, and two extra item slots meaning you don't have to sell off anything if the game doesn't end quickly.
A longsword is a bad choice for a starting item for anybody. If you're matched with a competent opponent, he will kill/force you to go back because after you used your hp pot, you have no other regeneration (besides default) whereas he would have that 3 or 4% lifesteal (cant remember) Also, yes, 3 doran blade is 375 gold away from hexdrinker, but it also adds HP/lifesteal laning power which the hexdrinker does not offer.

Eledhan

02-02-2011

Before I get started, I'd like to point you to my Ashe guide, Ashe - The Team Queen. I have a few excellent builds that help you see what you might want to build for Ashe, so check it out. In addition, I and several others check that thread often in order to answer any questions people might have about Ashe, so feel free to ask away. I check the guide daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmDerek View Post
Just began to play ashe after nerfs to carry ms reduction.
I wasn't aware of any move speed reduction nerfs... At least not on Ashe. Ashe hasn't been changed since I started playing back in August. I'm curious to know what you're referring to...

Quote:
Looking for your opinions on ashe AD/AS or both?.
BOTH!!! You need damage first, then you want to go ahead with attack speed.

Quote:
When I play ashe, I don't build any AS (rarely) and usually 3doran blade(counters ashe squishyness followed by IE/swiftness/LW staple build then with defense items.

What are my reasons not to build AS? Ashe is really squishy, doesn't have an escape like trist so she can't really stay in 1 spot to fire fire and fire.

She needs to kite people (Shoot 1 slow arrow run, shoot another, add volley(s) in there so AS doesn't help there either)

AD benefits more + with added bonus ur volley is based off AD.

What are your thoughts about ashe? J/w
Everything you have said is wonderfully accurate. But if you already have Infinity Edge, and perhaps a Bloodthirste, you want to build more damage AND attack speed. Grab yourself a Zeal while you build your defensive items, and watch your damage out-put go nuts.

Here's why...

At level 18 with an IE and Bloodthirster, Ashe has about 250 AD.

If you buy a Zeal, you're going to deal an average of 15% more damage on EACH attack after the first one. In addition, you're going to attack 20% faster. All-told, you're going to be dealing approximately 35% more damage per second due to the addition of the crit chance and attack speed.

If you buy another BF Sword, you're only going to gain an increase of 20% DPS (50/250 = 20%) at a cost that is higher than Zeal.

Now, if you don't already have IE + some other AD item, you can stack more damage before AS comes into play. Just remember that ANY crit chance actually increases average damage by 1.5 times the crit chance percentage, due to IE's passive. It's actually 1.6 times the crit chance percentage if you have the crit damage mastery, but that's another story for another day.

This is a great way to increase damage per attack for less gold than you can with pure AD items. The attack speed on Zeal just makes it an even better buy. The move speed bonus is just icing on the cake! Oh, and did I mention that it builds into PD?

Eledhan

02-02-2011

Quote:
Plain and simple...

If you're getting hit that much by enemy CC when playing as Ashe, you're doing it wrong.

In addition, if the other team gets the jump on you even though you play correctly, you're still going to die if the CC is only 1.2 seconds instead of 2 seconds...Ashe simply cannot survive that much time sitting still. Buy a Banshee's instead so you can completely avoid the CC when it happens.

Lawrry

02-02-2011

i think its better to go with dorans shield now instead of blade, since you probably want health regen because you cant buy that health pot in the beginning.

thats just my thinking now.

so i'd probably go dorans shield, boots of speed, dorans blade, upgrade boots