Help with team fights as a tank/off-tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
question:
Did you win the team fight?

if yes
then
you did your job

if no
then
you did not do your job
You not helping him dude.

I usually try to harass the enemy carry and ult with a relatively low amount of hp so I can draw attention to myself (I play mundo).

That way, even though mundo can't taunt the enemies, I can damage them and mess up their way to my team of squishy

Accurim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

great replies, i'm starting to see this is a lot more complicated than just "rush the carries". Another thought is that if your team overall has an advatange with items/gold/composition, then it works really well when you just rush their squishies and split up the enemy team.
however if the enemy has the advantage then best to protect ur team and only go all in if its a good situation.

ZehNetoBR

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
question:
Did you win the team fight?

if yes
then
you did your job

if no
then
you did not do your job
Not necessarily. Sometimes he is doing his job, but not his lane partner. I remember laning with a Sona the other day and I was with Kayle. I tried to protect heal and protect as much as possible, but the player simply dived all the time, went solo through bushes, went for a kill when his hp was under 100hp and so on.

With that said, it's a matter of situations. You gotta analyse not only what you did, but what everyone else did and what came after what. Did that carry go kamikaze because you gave the impression that you would be covering him and so he charged? Or was he just plain stupid?