[Katarina] - A study of burst damage maximization

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redsai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

This thread is currently under construction and will be edited more tonight. (Also, the <INDENT> tag isn't working as advertised?)

Introduction
I've had a small obsession playing Katarina this week. I ground several levels to finally hit the endgame (Tier 3). Now that I'm here, I'm trying to figure out how to min-max her ability damage for the greatest burst damage.

Terms and Abbreviations

• ATK - Attack Damage - Katarina's Physical Attack damage. (The damage number from the UI, no criticals averaged in.)
  • DD - Dagger Damage - The amount of damage dealt by Katarina's Bouncing Blade
  • LD - Lotus Damage - The damage Katarina would deal to a hero if they endure Death Lotus
  • BD - Burst Damage - The amount of damage that a hero could deal in less than 3 seconds of combat
  • MRP - Magic Resist Penetration - Katarina's Magic Resist Penetration. This lowers the effectiveness of the defending hero's Magic Resistance, the game evaluates this differently than MRR.
  • MRR - Magic Resist Reduction - Katarina's Magic Resist Reduction. This lowers the effectiveness of the defending hero's Magic Resistance, the game evaluates this differently than MRP.
  • early game - Levels 5 to 10.
    • Cash expectations (for level 7) - Expected cash for soloing: need data. Expected cash for teaming: need data. (Discussion of reasonable farming expectations? [separate thread?])
  • midgame - Levels 11 to 16.
    • Cash expectations (for level 13) - Minimum expected cash: need data. Average expected cash: need data. High-end expected cash: need data.
  • lategame - Level 18.
    • Cash expectations: tends towards infinity. (ie: money should not be an object, or else you're stuck in a midgame variant.)

Goals:
  • Research the effects of MRP and MRR on Katarina's BD and LD.
    • Which is more effective early? ...midgame? ...endgame?
  • Research the effects of leveling Killer Instincts "early" on DD for harassing damage.
  • Research maximum +ATK at various investment levels.
  • Research maximum BD for Katarina at various gold investment levels.

Hero overview
Abilities:
*** Notes about Ability damage being Magic or Physical, why is that important? ***

Bouncing Blade - statistics go here
Killer Instincts - statistics go here
Shunpo - statistics go here

Stats and Stat growth:

HP: need data
ATK: need data
Movement Speed: need data
Attack Speed: need data

Understanding Cash Estimations for Katarina
<content>

Itemizing for Maximum ATK at various cash levels
** Not looking at MRP or MRR **
** Not looking towards item-chaining, just spending so much cash to get so much value **

What is the math behind MRP/MRR ?
<content>

More content yet to come.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redsai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

This is reserved in case of post-size constraints.