[Discussion] Udyr Myth-Busters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adorno

01-19-2010

I've noticed that there is a TON of wrong information about Udyr on the forums and in the game. By this, I don't mean strategies that I disagree with (which there are also plenty of), but statements that are just wrong about his game mechanics. Heck, I've made a few myself

This thread is for people to post things that they have personally CHECKED and VERIFIED in-game about Udyr, usually as corrections of myths you've seen on the forum or heard in-game. Please add your mythbusting posts that you personally have carefully confirmed in game, and the patch under which you confirmed them. Corrections are welcome. Anyone can make a mistake, so please feel free to double-check and confirm things in this thread yourself.

Please DON'T offer "corrections" that are based on your deep hermeneutical understanding of the game text; the wording is almost always ambiguous and needs to be confirmed in game. Also, the way his skills and items interact are confusing and seem somewhat arbitrary; you can almost never infer from the effect of one item how other similar items will act. So please don't argue from inference either.

To get us started:

Tri-Force/sheen does NOT stack with tiger's activation effect. It only procs on the first hit of tiger. So if you have tiger 5 and tri-force, you don't deal 5 times a normal attack damage, since the tri-force multiplier only applies to the first tic. 1.0.0.63

Madred's razor (the little one) only deals 1/3rd of its 500 bonus damage when you are in tiger. HOWEVER, the upgraded Bloodrazor deals the full bonus damage with each hit of tiger, just as if tiger were a single attack. It doesn't deal it on each of the three hits, but just deals the full damage on each attack. Last Checked: 1.0.0.70

Malady does NOT gain 3 stacks from each attack of tiger, and the bonus damage does not apply to all 3 procs either. Like Madred's bloodrazor, it deals the full bonus damage once with each attack. Last Checked: 1.0.0.70

Turtle does not gain extra lifesteal or manasteal from tiamat's splash. As far as I can tell, it also doesn't gain any bonus manasteal/lifesteal from Madred's razor's 500 damage proc, but this is tricky to determine. Last Checked: 1.0.0.70

Turtle's lifesteal/manasteal does NOT work on turrets. However, it does work on inhibitors.1.0.0.70

Black Cleaver stacks once per attack in tiger, not 3 times. Still fast. 1.0.0.70

CTHDRL

01-19-2010

What about tiger and cleaver?

So far I've had incredible success with cleaver and tiger stance.

Adorno

01-19-2010

Got it. Adding to top of thread.