Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Discussion] Udyr Myth-Busters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adorno

01-19-2010

I've noticed that there is a TON of wrong information about Udyr on the forums and in the game. By this, I don't mean strategies that I disagree with (which there are also plenty of), but statements that are just wrong about his game mechanics. Heck, I've made a few myself

This thread is for people to post things that they have personally CHECKED and VERIFIED in-game about Udyr, usually as corrections of myths you've seen on the forum or heard in-game. Please add your mythbusting posts that you personally have carefully confirmed in game, and the patch under which you confirmed them. Corrections are welcome. Anyone can make a mistake, so please feel free to double-check and confirm things in this thread yourself.

Please DON'T offer "corrections" that are based on your deep hermeneutical understanding of the game text; the wording is almost always ambiguous and needs to be confirmed in game. Also, the way his skills and items interact are confusing and seem somewhat arbitrary; you can almost never infer from the effect of one item how other similar items will act. So please don't argue from inference either.

To get us started:

Tri-Force/sheen does NOT stack with tiger's activation effect. It only procs on the first hit of tiger. So if you have tiger 5 and tri-force, you don't deal 5 times a normal attack damage, since the tri-force multiplier only applies to the first tic. 1.0.0.63

Madred's razor (the little one) only deals 1/3rd of its 500 bonus damage when you are in tiger. HOWEVER, the upgraded Bloodrazor deals the full bonus damage with each hit of tiger, just as if tiger were a single attack. It doesn't deal it on each of the three hits, but just deals the full damage on each attack. Last Checked: 1.0.0.70

Malady does NOT gain 3 stacks from each attack of tiger, and the bonus damage does not apply to all 3 procs either. Like Madred's bloodrazor, it deals the full bonus damage once with each attack. Last Checked: 1.0.0.70

Turtle does not gain extra lifesteal or manasteal from tiamat's splash. As far as I can tell, it also doesn't gain any bonus manasteal/lifesteal from Madred's razor's 500 damage proc, but this is tricky to determine. Last Checked: 1.0.0.70

Turtle's lifesteal/manasteal does NOT work on turrets. However, it does work on inhibitors.1.0.0.70

Black Cleaver stacks once per attack in tiger, not 3 times. Still fast. 1.0.0.70

CTHDRL

01-19-2010

What about tiger and cleaver?

So far I've had incredible success with cleaver and tiger stance.

Adorno

01-19-2010

Got it. Adding to top of thread.