Karma's Judgement Violates Pre-set lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOneTheOnlyNSC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2011

So the warwick lore quotes:
"For as Soraka strode across the myriad of death and destruction left in the wake of one of Warwick's chemical attacks, her heart finally gave way. She called down the wrath of the cosmos on Warwick, wishing that his form should mirror the cruelty in his heart - a curse that would come at the price of her aspiring divinity. Within his laboratory, a terrible thirst took hold over Warwick. As his apprentice looked on in horror, Warwick threw open the doors to his bastion"

And Karma's Judgement is as follows:
"Just as she consigned herself to join those scattered around her, a blinding ray of light descended from the heavens, landing squarely on Warwick. He screamed as his skin melted away. His body contorted, muscles bursting outward. His head and limbs stretched, yanking joints apart and forming new ones. Long claws cut through the tips of his fingers and toes. He wrenched forward, then back, and when the spasms ceased his spine was long and hunched. His high-pitched wail suddenly turned to gravel, and blue hair stabbed out from every pore of his body. He fell to the ground in a heap. The light subsided."

Totally different. Come on Riot. Consistency is key! I don't mean to be a red shirt guy but this is embarrassing.

Hotarukin

02-01-2011

While retcons do bother me quite a lot, they only do so when they directly impact the overarching story (Spacegoats in Wow, for example. They're one of my favorite races, but it's still a major issue.) This is a time where, while it is a retcon, it has little impact on the overall story... all that it tells us, is that Riot has determined that Warwick was the sort of man who not only created devastating chemical weapons, but was willing to test them, personally, in the field. This is only a minor change... we already knew that Soraka cursed him, and that he was a merchant of death... All that needs to happen now, is for Warwick's lore to be updated (if this is, in fact, the correct lore.)

Solomon Gunn

02-02-2011

Who's to say that Warwick's giant poison robot wasn't a mobile laboratory of sorts?

Iluminatic

02-02-2011

Cool

Dracorya

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermilk View Post
Who's to say that Warwick's giant poison robot wasn't a mobile laboratory of sorts?
^

And ffs people, its a Judgement Vision, for all we know they just made up the whole thing to get a reaction out of Karma.

After all, they twisted Lux's memory of her brother.

Vexiee

02-02-2011

I agree there. Its an illusion created to get information. It easily could have been contorted. Like with Arelia when she fought her father thinking it was a memory.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneTheOnlyNSC View Post
So the warwick lore quotes:
"For as Soraka strode across the myriad of death and destruction left in the wake of one of Warwick's chemical attacks, her heart finally gave way. She called down the wrath of the cosmos on Warwick, wishing that his form should mirror the cruelty in his heart - a curse that would come at the price of her aspiring divinity. Within his laboratory, a terrible thirst took hold over Warwick. As his apprentice looked on in horror, Warwick threw open the doors to his bastion"

And Karma's Judgement is as follows:
"Just as she consigned herself to join those scattered around her, a blinding ray of light descended from the heavens, landing squarely on Warwick. He screamed as his skin melted away. His body contorted, muscles bursting outward. His head and limbs stretched, yanking joints apart and forming new ones. Long claws cut through the tips of his fingers and toes. He wrenched forward, then back, and when the spasms ceased his spine was long and hunched. His high-pitched wail suddenly turned to gravel, and blue hair stabbed out from every pore of his body. He fell to the ground in a heap. The light subsided."

Totally different. Come on Riot. Consistency is key! I don't mean to be a red shirt guy but this is embarrassing.
I don't think you understand...

The lore was designed for Karma to be this "Wrath of the cosmos" and you would of understood that having actually read the lore rather than glance at it looking for flaws.

Karma will have her way with you as well if you keep that attitude up.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
^

And ffs people, its a Judgement Vision, for all we know they just made up the whole thing to get a reaction out of Karma.

After all, they twisted Lux's memory of her brother.
+1 Dracorya. Good point.

4death4

Senior Recruiter

02-02-2011

This thread violates pre-set lore. Rethink and reread both of your quotations brother.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

02-02-2011

Like others have said, the 2 options are:

1. Mobile laboratory (I think I'm going to stick with this) =)
2. Part of the illusion was true, part of it was false. The same happened with Irelia and Lux after all.