Twitch Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Lets just get down to the nitty gritty... (All constructive criticism welcome) Before reading I this guide I would also like to say that I am a quantity>quality on the crossbow bolts style player.

I feel no need to post Twitch's stats/bio/skills. This guide will only be my preferred items/skill build/thoughts on playing Twitch.

Also I am no means a High Elo player.

Skill preference:
I start with expunge, and alternate it and Ambush until 6 or until I have to take Debilitating Poison

Runes:
Red = Armor Pen
Yellow = Crit Chance
Blue = CDR/Level
Quints = Flat HP

Summoner Skills:
1)Cleanse
2)Exhaust

Mastery Build:
21 Offense/9 Utility

Reasons behind these choices:
1)Skill preference: I choose to skip debilitating poison in favor of having exhaust and the fact that you should be keeping the Lizard Buff constantly. My skill build varies if there are other champions that I feel need the Lizard Buff more than I do, I.E. I pick up debilitating poison at about level 7.

2)Runes:
Armor Pen for Red is just a good all around choice, some people say that Crit chance is favorable and I have tried both and prefer armor pen. With my item build crit is not 100% preference.

Crit Chance for Yellow is what I use because there are no other runes for yellow that seem worth it. (open for suggestions with good reasoning/explanation behind them)

CDR/Level for Blue, I use these because at max level with the Golem buff these put you very close if not at the cap. More Spray and Pray = more rape, and faster Ambush so you can get the hell outta dodge

Flat HP for Quints to help Twitch not be so **** squishy early game

3)Summoner Skills:
Cleanse: This is your god send against stuns/silences/slows

Exhaust: Good early game ganking ability, great for late game survivability. I say survivability because when you unstealth behind the back lines in a 5v5 fight and there carry Flashes to you to crush your face in, this stops him for long enough that your team can crush him and effectively make it 5v4. This combo'd with Cleanse can keep you alive in those 5v5's and make sure that your Spray and Pray is used at full efficiency.

4)Masteries:
Pretty tried and true 21/0/9 here. Improved exhaust is your friend, great for shutting down there carry when he catches you off guard.

My play style:
I usually prefer not to solo lane, this allows you to go around and gank and not leave your lane completely undefended, plus it is very easy to go unnoticed when you go MIA from the bottom lane. Top lane hardly expects it when you show up and mow them down at level 6 with a well placed Spray and Pray when they are pushing your turret, or trying to hide behind theres.

When my lane is pushed all the way up to there tower and i'm expecting a gank me and my teammate will fall back. This gives you plenty of time to go grab Lizard buff, and kill the small wolf/golem camp.

Golem buff is your friend late game, I don't consider the CDR/Mana from it necessity early game. Being conservative with your mana will make it so you don't need it.

One thing I don't see alot of Twitch players do is use stealth to get that free exp when laning against harassers. Just stealth up and walk close enough to the mobs to get the free exp. I also do this when my lane partner recalls and I don't want to take the chance of getting ganked.

Twitch is very squishy early game and that is why I take the HP Quints, these help offset this, but in no way make you tanky enough to go 2v1 before you have a good chunk of your items.

Also if you know that the enemy team is dropping Wards like crazy, I usually delay my item build to get an Oracles Elixir. This makes so many people rage when they drop a "well placed" Ward and you just gun it down and dip out before they can do ****.

I almost always get an Oracles when fighting Teemo. Accidently setting off one of his shrooms when trying to set up a good Spray and Pray position almost always means one dead rat.

Item Build:
1)Vampiric Scepter
1a) Port back when you have enough for Malady, or if you are doing well in kills go back and get number 2 also
2)Berserker Greaves. I hear some people say Merc Treads are great on Twitch, but you are squishy enough that these won't help you, this is also why I sport Cleanse
2a)Boots of Mobility. I sometimes pick these up and sell my Berserker greaves late game if it looks like we're going to have to back door to win, shaving precious seconds off of your travel time can make the difference between a win and a lose. If you use these though you won't be at max attack speed without spray and pray though
3)Recurve bow. Not getting enough kills? Buy this then build Last Whisper. Raping their faces off? Wait until you have enough for just Last Whisper.
**With these 3 items and your Ambush your are at about 2.479 attack speed**
4)Infinity Edge. Always try your hardest to get B.F. Sword first, follow by the Pick Axe, then don't come back until you can complete the Edge
5)This is where the build can vary. I have been tinkering around with Tiamat against melee heavy teams (a.k.a. stacked up in team fights) With Spray and Pray and Tiamat it seems to be more damage output than anything else against melee heavy teams.
5a)As I said before this is where it varies, most games are over by now anyway though, but Enemies stacking armor? Black Cleaver because it helps your whole team, Madreds if they are stacking tons of HP.
6)If for some strange reason a game manages to last this long, you are on your own I would probably go with some more damage, or some life steal, its really up to you at this point. Most likely Tiamat if you didn't get it earlier.

I have played with this build in Solo Queue, and every style of premade, it works very well for me and suits my play style with Twitch. As I said at the very beginning of this guide I am very open to discussion or any constructive criticism.

Hope you guys/gals enjoy it and have fun mowing *****es down with this.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-19-2010

Its very similar to my build tbh, I tend to go Vampiric, then Greaves before Malady. I also pick up an Executioners where you pick up the Last Whisper. Then i go IE.

After that it depends where the game is, if it's still running. I do like to go for a Black Cleaver and then if it's still running you will have $$$ comin out of your furry little ears so i pick up a Phantom Dancer just because it means twitch can single handedly win the game. But obv it's very rare you get the cleaver or Dancer.

CTHDRL

01-19-2010

Never go Malady. Ever.

Go exec calling instead; unless there is no lifesteal, healthregen or heals on the other team, at all. Which I don't think ever happens. Tiamat is only useful for creeping; which quickly becomes unnecessary as Twitch. Or if you are getting rolled; then you can solely defend your base from champs and super creeps alike while your team pushes/backdoors.

Exec Calling (If is a long game, sell for IE)
Zerks (Can change later)
Bloodrazor
Black cleaver
Last Whisper
Another Black Cleaver/Bloodthirster

Twitches most valuable asset is applying items procs with his ult; as well as totally wasting baron in seconds. Not getting items that have proc effects is totally useless.

Blux

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Never go Malady. Ever.

Go exec calling instead; unless there is no lifesteal, healthregen or heals on the other team, at all. Which I don't think ever happens. Tiamat is only useful for creeping; which quickly becomes unnecessary as Twitch. Or if you are getting rolled; then you can solely defend your base from champs and super creeps alike while your team pushes/backdoors.

Exec Calling (If is a long game, sell for IE)
Zerks (Can change later)
Bloodrazor
Black cleaver
Last Whisper
Another Black Cleaver/Bloodthirster

Twitches most valuable asset is applying items procs with his ult; as well as totally wasting baron in seconds. Not getting items that have proc effects is totally useless.
I see your point with Exec Calling instead of Malady, but as I said at the beginning of my guide, I prefer quantity over quality. I know that Twitch can apply on hit effects with his ultimate, but not shooting at max speed seems like a waste since his bolts are very easy to dodge, unless they are coming out a god**** lightning speed.

Also I don't understand what you are saying about Baron... Baron's buff specifically says he is immune to debuffs, therefore wouldn't you want more speed and pure damage?

Also anytime i've tried a build that doesn't get attack speed Twitch just seems weak without Ambush and Ulti up... Sure you hit like a truck with all of your attacks, but if you only get in 3 attacks by the time you opponent gets in double or more of that, you are still going to lose because you are so squishy.

I will definitely give your build a shot in the next game I play and see how I like it though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Degini

01-19-2010

I would also have said to never go Malady, but with the nerf and the fact that you actually need at least 1 attack speed item, Malady seems like a fine choice due to its price.

Having said that, if ALL you care about is the attack speed, then sword of the divine might be another choice, especially if they have a Teemo or a lot of exhaust.

Edit: Bloodrazor is an interesting choice that I have not yet tried on my Twitch. Could be worthwhile, especially if you are having trouble saving for that IE. You can just buy the axe and recursive, and now you have options of going into bloodrazor or Whisperer for some tower killing. Definately worth a try.

RockLee Tipsy

01-19-2010

The all new twitch guide is out!!!!!!!!

Spray.... and make them pray... for mercy..

Blux

01-19-2010

Okay I tried Oneironaut's build. I only made it to the Madreds before they surrendered at about the 30 minute mark, but it just seemed to slow. I died several times before I got madreds where malady would have scored the killed with the attack speed, but instead I just shot off a few slow bolts and got killed. Gonna have to play the build some more, but it doesn't seem to suit my play style at all.