[Suggestion] Remove runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muramas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

I have been thinking about this for a while now and I have come to the conclusion that it should be stated.

The rune system is bad for this type of game. The reason the runes are bad is because it makes it difficult to change out your character to a different one without paying a lot of IP to fill up a book.

Ok.. so lets say I am playing ryze, hes a mage and I want a lot of cooldown and magic penetration, when I switch up and go to a DD like Jax, those runes are not going to be good for me.

If we start getting into draft games where we have to counter pick characters and your team is yelling at you to pick a tank but you have a mage set of runes, your gimped.

On top of that there are only two book pages so you can only choose two types of rune styles.

Solution...well the one thing I though of for sinking IP is that you can make it so the masteries are locked and you can unlock them via IP and you can upgrade certain levels to make them better. This could transfer and reset and will always be with your character (which level 1 and 2 runes are not)

This may not be the best idea but its better than what the system is now.....

SOOOooo comments, questions and feelings about it?

Muramas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

bump

Andew

Recruiter

01-24-2010

You can buy runes according to your favorite play style.
If you prefer mages, use magic runes
dps-ers : dmg runes
tanks ....

and if you like many styles, just get general runes that would work with any type: (move speed, armor, hp, magic resist, etc)

Muramas

01-24-2010

yes but then you will need to spend a lot of IP on runes making it hard to swap out. Level 1&2 Runes also are obsolete when you hit 20 making them really pointless.

The system is flawed and makes for switching characters difficult. It needs to be altered or resigned.

Runict

01-25-2010

I solve this problem the same as any other complaint people have about balance...

New Game Mode!

Perhaps the eventual release of a selectable mode (like the draft mode) that disregards your runes AND masteries, leaving everyone on an even playing field.

That way you do not ruin the game for people who actually like the rune system and have sunk considerable IP into buffing up a certain aspect of their hero.

Sylvio

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runict View Post
I solve this problem the same as any other complaint people have about balance...

New Game Mode!

Perhaps the eventual release of a selectable mode (like the draft mode) that disregards your runes AND masteries, leaving everyone on an even playing field.

That way you do not ruin the game for people who actually like the rune system and have sunk considerable IP into buffing up a certain aspect of their hero.
2nd

problem solved

Muramas

01-28-2010

I have no problem with masteries because everyone gets them and change them. Just its a pain for everyone to get the best rune build for one type of character unless I spend ALL my IP on them.

Aldair

01-31-2010

So... you have no problems with masteries because everyone gets them. But... you don't like runes because not everyone can afford them instantly... So there should be no reward for specialization? Or as a by product of removing runes there will be no PERSONALIZATION.

Runes don't have to be expensive. Some tier 1 runes cost 40 IP each. Play a game and win or lose you can buy a rune. Do you honestly have a problem with playing 30 games?

Also, why is spending all you IP trying to improve a character you already own a problem? If you try and buy every character and every best rune set for every play style for every character you'll be playing for years before you finish. Find a play style you enjoy and maximize you efficiency there. In the mean time you don't have to buy runes. Runes are great boosts but really don't do much for you if you haven't already mastered your play style.

dtank18

02-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muramas View Post
I have no problem with masteries because everyone gets them and change them. Just its a pain for everyone to get the best rune build for one type of character unless I spend ALL my IP on them.
It's up to you to waste your money on buying heros and having a better selection or me who spends it all on runes so my limited character selection can be better at start of game. The only fix they need is adding more rune pages just like I made a new post about it. Should be at least three since theres three types of heros.

doughnut

02-01-2010

-1 for bumping a stupid idea idea. Don't be so cheap, buy some heroes and spend your IP on runes.

The rune system is a way to keep people playing. I don't necessarily think it's fair that they make us "farm" IP to be specialized with certain heroes when there still is no form of season/ranked play, but that's just how it has to be. Riot is keeping you busy while they are trying to pump out the next major update.

All IMO