[Guide] Full Support Morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2010

This guide is perfect.

-Morgana mainer.

Raddagast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Great guide for a Morgana build. I'm still a low lvl summoner, so I've been using heal/cleanse and tele for spells, and no runes. I've had a few games where, even with this build, Morgana has come out on top. I've only had one issue where I ran oom, but that was when I was ganking 2-3 players that split off from the pack. Though when I didn't carry, she did an excellent job as support. Considering making Morgana one of my main champions. Super A++ would buy from again delivery was fast etc.

volune

05-29-2010

your build has way too much invested in mana

i like to go
dorans ring
catalist
boots
majai's
ROA
mercury/ninja boots
heart of gold
randuins omen
force of nature
void staff

Shadowburn

05-30-2010

Noctred, those are amazing examples for when to use black shield in general. May i quote you on a guide i plan to make?

Sup3rCheese

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctred View Post
I've never taken Rylai's on Morgana and I can't think of any reason to do so.
Rylais is good to furthur slow champs trying to escape your ult, it stacks the slow on your ult, and if they are getting too far away, just drop tormented soil under them to slow them further

Desineos

08-23-2010

Nice guide, I am working on improvements with morg.

Eviant

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonEarny View Post
The shield timing still gives me headaches sometimes. Idk, its like I do well k/d/a with morgana when I use her, but my team still manages to lose.
Lol, the shield timing will always give you headaches, if you worry about it too much. The way I usually think about it is, Low health= target for enemy CC. Given that there is none of that, Toss it on your DPS, your carry, or someone else who puts themselves in the midst of the fray. It usually screws with the enemy team enough to see a YI tearing through their group with no way to stop him, while you are walking around with the team on leashes. It will break the morale of their entire team.

As for the guide, Just because Morg is going with AP doesn't mean she isn't going support. It just means she is going a different style. I generally go AP simply because I can do the damage with my snare and with my Ult enough to give even their tanks a new target. And because I'm usually next to last in, My ult can randomly kill one, my snare target another, and my TS even starts to take it's toll, causing the enemies to start fleeing and my team to enter clean up.

As a bonus, AP, with her nice ratios, means that if some fool were to try taking you when you are pushing a quiet lane, you can give them a run for their money.

I think it's a good tank morgana Guide, but it shouldn't be titled this, because IMO a support should be able to change roles with ease, filling in whatever needs to be filled. Sometimes even filling the role of a carry, which a tank Morgana would have a terrible time with. And besides, one would hope that you already have a hard tank such as Rammus, Malphite, or even Nasus to give you room to fulfill your job (Which is to screw with their mind and morale)

EDIT: I forgot entirely about the Black Shield. With AP, you can do so much more than just blocking one cc with it if you level it up, and moreso with AP, (Which is probably the most important reason why I go with AP) allowing you to stall Vieger's burst, Protect a low life ally from a fed Karthus, pantheon, or Gangplank, Toss it onto your carry and have it last through the whole team fight, ect. There is so much more you can do with Black shield than you give it credit for, and I don't see why as a support Morgana, you would choose TS and DB over BS. By mid game, (Level 6-11) Opposing spells are doing well over 100 points of damage, causing the shield to fall after just one hit, meaning only one CC blocked, basically making you effectively one quicksilver sash with a lower CD. Just a point for thought.
And yes, I main as Morg, play her in Ranked and the whole nine yards.

Wraithgoer

11-13-2010

its crazy cause i just started the game. and i love playing morgana. i never read this guide but i have done everything you said to do exactly the same without any guides. and it works brilliantly