Karma Think-Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tandria

03-04-2011

Mantra shield is really amazing. I love doing it to minions when low health champions are turret hugging, and the minions are hitting the turret. I've gotten many a kill early-game that way. It really gives Karma a surprisingly long ranged attack that the enemy might not see coming.
It's also really useful for scaring enemy champions trying to chase a weak teammate, because it creates a troublesome shield and causes them harm at the same time. Usually I can weaken the chaser significantly and shield back up by the time he does anything to me. And I can even turret dive slightly late game, because the shield gets so big at that point.

I've found that Karma partners well with pretty much any powerful melee character. My favorite is Blitzcrank, by far. Hide in the bushes with him, he grabs someone in and does his thing while I mantra shield him and cone. Nearly guaranteed kill or assist depending on my timing.

Laning with a ranged character can work, but I don't feel the same success I do with melee characters.

And if nobody else needs it, I like to grab the lizard buff so I can slow down runners and kill them, either in team fights or when I'm trying to get rid of someone trying to solo farm a lane. It's pretty mean with bond at the same time. Golem buff is also fun to have, obviously.

Mitch Bade

03-05-2011

I agree, I have the most fun and success laning with melee champions.

Renekton and Jarvan are very awesome lane partners for Karma. I love when they decide to hang with me, because it is GG for us.

Ranged champions for the most part don't make great laning partners, however Lux is freakin' great with Karma! Every time I lane with her, we demolish their HP so fast. Her snare allows me to really punish them.

I haven't had any good times when Maokai was my lane partner, but I blame that on the skill of the player. He could be great when he uses his rooting vlad pool type move. Drop a mantra'd shield on him and go to town.

Having a lane partner that lacks early game damage isn't that fun either.

Lanaing against melee champs is fun too! Harassment with shield bombs on minions while denying them last hits is great. They really start to get mad, and tower hug.

Metalopol

03-25-2011

I main Karma..
my summoner's spells are ghost and flash... (flash because of the annoying like jarvan )
masteries... the regular support build. http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/100...30140032031301

runes are magic pen marks.. mp5 seals(i have flats but stick to per level)- CD reduction glyphs.. the quints i got 2 ap and 1 mpen...

abilities... i pick the shield first(E) specially with the mantra(R) just enough damage to annoy them from the back of ur minions.

Items... I start with a doran's ring... the mp5 can keep u in lane long enough...
get the CD reduction boots.. they are prime to ganks.. more shields plus Cd reduction helps the mantra regeneration...

then I'm stuck between a rod of ages or ryjals..(i think thats how it goes)...the rod it's if you are having a hard time and getting harassed a lot.. every time you level it's a start over! woo :P

the staff it's if you'r lane partner is good and aggressive... the slow.. is all! - then the rest is pretty much optional... from there you can go support aegis, the kindle things(all of the thing that come from it.. are support) and you can get the idea..

Karma is not a good mid.. hence the whole support theme going on...but other than that you can get away from almost everything ... oh and by the way.. quick silversash will get you out of harm's ways.. say if morder puts his ult on you.. it will be dispelled by it... (most of the time you are prone to be focused... ) buuutt you can outsmart just about anyone..

The Pale Hand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2011

I've only just started playing Karma, but I'm having a lot of fun with her! A friend of mine and I have discovered that Nasus is a pretty great laning partner for her. My basic build works along these lines;

I like to take clarity for those early game OOM blues, and an escape spell, usually ghost or flash.

I begin with a Doran's ring and my q. My thought process behind this is if I'm laning with a melee champion, my priority should be to keep them going for as long as possible, so I go for the heal rather than the shield. Sure the shield helps them and allows me to harras, but the shield doesn't keep us in the lane - a heal does. Also, with the little bit of AP from Doran's ring, I find a lot of players underestimate the amount of damage she can do, and I can sometimes kite one past my partner if they're looking for an early gank. It never goes well for them.

By level three I have all my abilities, but then I start focusing on my q. Once again - early game, I like to focus on sustainability.

My next purchase is my CDR boots and the protector. I don't build the Rod of Ages out of it right away, once I have that item I start working on a Morello's Evil Tome.

After the tome I complete my Rod of Ages. Then, depending on how things are going, I'll either build a Banshee's Veil or an Abyssal Scepter. I usually get both eventually.

If the game goes on long enough, I've been considering replacing Doran's ring with a Deathcap.

I personally think Rylai's is redundant on her. One base I know I haven't covered is armour, I've seen Zhonya's hourglass suggested but I really don't think I like it. Never know until you try, so I may test it out sometime.

I am a relatively new player, and I'm even newer to this champion. So if anyone has criticism I'd love to hear it.

Kook

03-26-2011

In my opinion she needs to bring more support, which sounds bizarre considering she has a heal and shield. I think what she needs is a stun attached to her Spirit Bond. Perhaps if you don't break the tether after a certain amount of time you are stunned for a short amount of time (1s?). I think this would round her out without making her overpowered.

JackalHide

04-05-2011

I've just tried out heaps of different builds to see what make karma most effective. First tried pure ap set up with a few hit points but was basically going for max damage and heals. This build dominated in the laning phase but when it came to team fights it felt as though she needed to alot shorter times on her cool downs to keep allies alive. The damage was quite alot but it wasn't very effective with the low cd on her abilities. You would use your q w e and then have to watch for sometime while the battle rages on. I do not recommend this approach at all.

Survival karma with defencive per level runes and utility masteries for cdr and mana regen seemed to be the most effective on karma. I found with this set up karma wasn't targeted as much and was getting those shields up in time where as before had to kinda watch team mates get owned while waiting for the cd on her abilities. She still does a decent amount of damage with this build.

Aesynil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=6525957

This gentleman has the best build and approach, in my opinion. I don't feel Karma should be an aura-bot by any stretch of the imagination, so at most I'll get abyssal scepter, or WotA to help out the team. Rush CDR boots and Morellos at the start, and you're at max CDR with masteries. Once you hit lvl 13 (iirc) and are getting a mantra stack every 12 seconds, Karma starts to truly shine. All of the sudden, you are healing your team up after every skirmish, mantra'ing up movement speed boosts to SHOOT across the map (Really. Lvl 5 soul bond with a Mantra, get your whole team to get the bond, and you can get anywhere, FAST), and shield bombs shield bombs shield bombs EVERYWHERE. You are denying kills with clutch shields and heals. You are stopping runners with your bond, constantly. And while doing all of this, you are putting out some shockingly impressive damage (And trying not to killsteal -.-).

I've tried Janna out, I've tried Sona out, and I still like Karma the most...although I haven't given Janna enough time to truly say for sure.

ManEatingLlama

05-26-2011

One thing I've found with Karma is that I tend to start running out of mana right about the middle of the first big teamfight--which is precisely the worst time to start running out of mana. The way I build, I get a Doran's ring to start (good balance between mana and AP), then I get CDR boots my first trip back. Do you suppose I should get a mana crystal or something instead of upping the boots first thing? Or should I just suck it up and play triage to conserve my mana in the first teamfight? Either way, I'm not putting out as many spellcasts in that fight as I need to be. Any suggestions?

Vampiricfish

05-27-2011

Note the correlation between CDR and running out of mana ^^ You're probably better off building some mana before finishing the boots, it's not like it's a major item like a complete rilay. A tear might be able to fill the gap, and it's just under 1k? only 300 more than finishing the boots