Karma Think-Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiroikiri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Thanks ^^ Updated the first post.

Shiroikiri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

bump ^^

Skeleton Jáck

02-02-2011

Mantra + Shield = awesome
Shield = ok
Mantra + Slow Chain = wasted Mantra...Mantra's too good on your other abilities to use it here
Chain = Amazing when used properly, but can also be a fail use, it's a skill shot believe it or not due to positioning
Mantra + Cone = ok..it's very difficult to line up heals on team and dmg on opponents at the same time, so most often you're just healing yourself and hitting opponents, or just healing...
Cone = solid

You should be able to store up to 3 Mantra and the Mantra Chain effect needs to be improved.

Also, no one tells you this, but try two Rod of the Ages. She has to get up close and personal far too often. You need the extra hp to begin with, but also extra hp translates into extra AP due to her passive. If you can leave yourself down on some HP, that's extra AP.

Shiroikiri

02-02-2011

Whew, just had a great game with Karma, first real one, she's awesome! It ended up being a 2 vs 3 because one of my friends had to leave right when the game started lol. Anyways, we kept it even throughout the game till they caught up to us with levels. Her early game survival is great! people came up to go for me, and I turned it around way fast, lol.

Shiroikiri

02-04-2011

Bump, Anyone else that recently played her have good ideas to post up? =)

Keendo

02-04-2011

Okay, so I've play toooons of Karma lately, I'm really loving her.

I've found Karma's downfall is CC. I run her with Flash and Cleanse for this reason. If I am really deep in it I can cleanse out. I've seen a lot of people reccommending Ghost. Ghost is nice, but you have a built in one, so I prefer the Cleanse.

Runes I use are Magic pen/Mp5 per level/flat CDR and AP quints.

My build is Mana crystal + 2 pots to start. Then goes Tear > boots of lucidity >AA Staff > Kindlegem > Spirit Visage > Kindlegem > Soul Shroud. The next to i usually get are Banshee's and Deathcap but I also leave them for situationals. This is aREALLY solid Karma build. Enough CDR to max it out.

The ap early makes you surprisingly tough. If you Mantra Shield and Q them, that's usually enough to make people turn around, otherwise you still have you Spirit Bond to slow them.

In team fights I Bond a tank so they can run in and pick one for our team to focus. Then I Mantra Shield them and chuck a cone on the enemies before ducking back out of range. Rinse and repeat and if your team has half a brain you will win.

Do not forget you can Spirit Bond through walls! If your buddy is on the other side of a wall running, hit them and run along the wall. The person/people chasing them will be so confused they might even back off.

Another nice trick with Bond is early game. Most people are still figuring out Karma and you can use Bond as a cheap way of scaring them to back up and taking out their minions. Throw Bond on them and follow them accross their minions. This is a nice bit of damage, may help to deny your opponent and it's cheaper than all of your other abilities.

If anyone wants me to try anything or has some questions feel free.

P.S. I want you to rid any preconceived notions that Karma cannot solo!! I mid with her all the time and it is beautiful! I do not think she belongs mid as she is not a carry, but she can if no one else is willing to. You just have to be cautious and you can kill them. My preffered method is Matra Shielding a minion Gets them every time. GL HF!

JamaicanMeCrazay

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keendo View Post
Okay, so I've play toooons of Karma lately, I'm really loving her.

I've found Karma's downfall is CC. I run her with Flash and Cleanse for this reason. If I am really deep in it I can cleanse out. I've seen a lot of people reccommending Ghost. Ghost is nice, but you have a built in one, so I prefer the Cleanse.

Runes I use are Magic pen/Mp5 per level/flat CDR and AP quints.

My build is Mana crystal + 2 pots to start. Then goes Tear > boots of lucidity >AA Staff > Kindlegem > Spirit Visage > Kindlegem > Soul Shroud. The next to i usually get are Banshee's and Deathcap but I also leave them for situationals. This is aREALLY solid Karma build. Enough CDR to max it out.

The ap early makes you surprisingly tough. If you Mantra Shield and Q them, that's usually enough to make people turn around, otherwise you still have you Spirit Bond to slow them.

In team fights I Bond a tank so they can run in and pick one for our team to focus. Then I Mantra Shield them and chuck a cone on the enemies before ducking back out of range. Rinse and repeat and if your team has half a brain you will win.

Do not forget you can Spirit Bond through walls! If your buddy is on the other side of a wall running, hit them and run along the wall. The person/people chasing them will be so confused they might even back off.

Another nice trick with Bond is early game. Most people are still figuring out Karma and you can use Bond as a cheap way of scaring them to back up and taking out their minions. Throw Bond on them and follow them accross their minions. This is a nice bit of damage, may help to deny your opponent and it's cheaper than all of your other abilities.

If anyone wants me to try anything or has some questions feel free.
This post was great along with the guide that was stated earlier on Page 1. I definitely like Karma and see myself playing her pretty much every game for a while until I master her. She needs health, as she kind of needs to be up close and personal for a brief period of time, pretty sporadically.

I run Flash / Cleanse as well, basically giving her 2 free lives if timed right, and used right.

It would be awesome if people can keep this kind of updated with new tips and tricks with her abilities (The Bond in particular) because I think Karma has a lot of potential to be a great support.

One combo I've found that works GREAT when paired with Karma is Rammus. I Mantra > Shield Rammus as his powerball collides with the enemy, then usually cone, Bond the weakest champ, and lol @ them.

Shiroikiri

02-04-2011

I found the pair with rammus to be great as well. He taunts, you mantra+shield, All is well. =p

Wuumaster

02-04-2011

Been laning with a friend playing Karma often over the past few days. I found she works fairly well with Renekton - slicing over for a quick one-two gets even more powerful if Ren gets a Mantra'd Shield.

Just some quick notes:

• She seems to run OOM really, really fast if you just spam. Pack regen runes/masteries and/or Clarity. Otherwise, keep a very close eye on your mana.
  • Mantra'd Shield seems really powerful in skirmishes. The AoE damage plus Shield can make a huge impact on the outcome of a fight. Less so in full-on team fights, as the shield gets popped quicker.
  • The heal on Heavenly Wave is difficult to aim for maximum effect. Don't be afraid to tell an ally to slow, stop, or even just walk in a straight line if you're having trouble healing them.
  • Likewise, it's unlikely you'll be in a position to both heal a bunch of allies and hurt a bunch of enemies. Figure out if you need the damage or the healing and don't waste the Mantra charge.
  • Most amusingly, Rank 1 Shield prevents more damage than Rank 1 Time Bomb deals.
  • Early on, watch your damage output in a lane - it's really easy to over-push. Heavenly Wave, Mantra'd Shield, and the Beam of Doom are all nasty to the minions. On the other hand, makes farming mid-late easier.

Smokey

02-07-2011

bump