Kayle the Judicator needs a slight buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonglove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualisk View Post
Kayle scales best with ap and attack speed. If you plan on picking her rune yourself for attack speed and cooldown reduction. I highly recommend you get two nashor's tooth on her for the AP, Attack Speed, and -cooldown reduction. Finish her off with zerker boots and a phantom and you are set. With two nashors and runes you can have your ultimate down to 80 seconds cooldown.
Thanks, I'll try running this build next time. The general consensus seems to be that she doesn't need any change, so I'll resign that I may just not be able to play her well. But I'll try a few more times first.

Duffie

08-15-2009

I think she could use a small buff. Maybe change her Nuke to do slightly more base damage and lower the bonus on a revenge. I kinda feel like I sit back and wait for a friend to die and then run in guns a blazing.

She doesn't really feel like she is much support either. I'd take Morgana over her anyday.

Phantommmmenace

08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
wow... I can't take any more SO AND SO IS OP/UNDERPOWERED threads seriously anymore... I've seen every hero complained to be imba or weak...

Kayle is fine the way she is
Well it is a beta forums, and it's meant for feedback. These kind of threads won't stop, so I suggest you get used to them and just provide feedback on the subject at hand.

Duffie

08-15-2009

The topic spiked my interest, so I played her last game.

She just lacks anyway to really get gold it seems. She's decently fragile early game cause of her small mana pool and aggressive heroes will ensure that she never lands a killing blow without taking substantial damage. Also her auto attack really lacks any sort of "Umph" early game compared to every other melee hero. She feels like a slightly upgraded creep that offers more gold when ya kill it.

Her early game is what feels lacking.

Aqualisk

08-15-2009

Very early game is a bit of weakness for her, but you don't have to worry about dying much with invulnerability. I never recommend that you have Kayle as your solo lane. She needs a lane parter to push early game. Mid-late game she fuctions just fine though.

PraetorKendro

08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
The topic spiked my interest, so I played her last game.

She just lacks anyway to really get gold it seems. She's decently fragile early game cause of her small mana pool and aggressive heroes will ensure that she never lands a killing blow without taking substantial damage. Also her auto attack really lacks any sort of "Umph" early game compared to every other melee hero. She feels like a slightly upgraded creep that offers more gold when ya kill it.

Her early game is what feels lacking.
As long as you play her defensively, you'll do fine. It also helps to not use Reckoning whenever it's up. I normally first focus on mana regen (pendant to either chalice or philo stone) and then go for move speed to attack speed to armor. Getting the crossbow is normally more than enough attack speed for a while.

Also: Reckoning sucks until rank 2. It often hits less than her melee strikes at rank 1.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonglove View Post
I think Kayle is just slightly underpowered. Her Q and W abilities are perfect and shouldn't be affected. But I think some part of her needs a small buff. Possibilities include armor boost, magic resistance boost, or make her E ability better.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying she's weak. She can do a lot in game, but I currently think she just needs a small increase to something. Thoughts?
You obviously haven't played long enough.