Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twitch Fix?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337LoL

01-18-2010

Imo, twitch is still really OP. I understand you can "handle" him but to be honest why is it fair that if hes in the game we have to focus ALL our attention on him? He literally changes the game.

Fixes to twitch
-Why does ambush and SaP both have atk speed increases? (Now if they dont stack, i just look like a jackass) Thats insane if they stack, you shouldn't have two moves increasing one stat. He uses his ambush as a damage increases mostly.
Fix: Give ambush a backstab effect (first attack does increase damage)instead of a flat out atk speed increase

-His ult is AOE so why does it do 100% damage? Ryze only gains 65% AOE, SaP should go 55%/65%/75% instead of flat out 100% so its more situational. A lot of twitches SaP 1-2 targets and still benefit.

*I know you can walk diagonally but how easy is it to be dodging twitches **** WHILE your in a team fight*

I consider twitch more dangerous than other carries such as yi because he has stealth AND ranged so you cant see him coming and he is always far from you.

saber sensei

Recruiter

01-18-2010

To counter stealth: Wards and Oracles and buffed up Clairvoyance spell; to counter him from carrying, get stunners and slowers and dont let him farm. Another important factor is having noobs on your team pushing a lane solo while twitch is mia for over 2 minutes when the pusher has no oracles and keeps pushing the lane while it is clearly a trap. This is what renders Twitch "OP" and mad carry., In high ELO games, Twitch is rather weak and can easily be supressed if your team knows what they are doing. Also about his SaP and Ambush stacking AS, well honestly I think thats kinda dumb seeing as end-game twitch has hardcapped attack speed 2.5 with just ambush bush so SaP doesn't really help.
All in all the best way to counter twitch is to CC him (fear+stun+toss in air).

Archbob

01-18-2010

Twitch's massive range on ult makes all your twitch counters pretty useless. Wards aren't effective against twitch because he can buy an oracle and kill the wards.

Any ranged DPS hero worth a **** is going to be able to farm well. You can't stop that.

1337LoL

01-18-2010

Quote:
saber sensei:
To counter stealth: Wards and Oracles and buffed up Clairvoyance spell; to counter him from carrying, get stunners and slowers and dont let him farm. Another important factor is having noobs on your team pushing a lane solo while twitch is mia for over 2 minutes when the pusher has no oracles and keeps pushing the lane while it is clearly a trap. This is what renders Twitch "OP" and mad carry., In high ELO games, Twitch is rather weak and can easily be supressed if your team knows what they are doing. Also about his SaP and Ambush stacking AS, well honestly I think thats kinda dumb seeing as end-game twitch has hardcapped attack speed 2.5 with just ambush bush so SaP doesn't really help.
All in all the best way to counter twitch is to CC him (fear+stun+toss in air).

k not every team has awesome cc? u NEED to stun him snare doesnt do anything. His range is so much that oracles can't really even see him. And its cool hes hardcapped AS at lv 18 but what about at lv12 when hes farming kills?

EchoRex

01-18-2010

If your teams aren't bringing hard CC abilities, you're playing to lose.

And range... No. His range is only good for towers, it needs a slight nerf, but it is not what nets kills. Mobile targets are too apt to actually move and evade more than enough shots. Especially with the gutting his high damage builds, the ones that actually killed competent people quickly, took last patch.

Zsteven44

01-18-2010

Lmao nothing you say can change the fact that Twitch is OP in one way or another. My brother plays twitch all day, everyday and there is never a game that he doesnt have atleast a 3:1 KD ratio. He does the same thing every game, there is really very little you can do about it. There is no real skill involved, he's not good at last-hitting minions either (he doesnt have to be at the rate he kills champs). He lanes solo mid at beginning. Doesn't matter if he gets/gives first blood. He'll be in the mid lane, at one point he'll initiate stealth and either go top or bot. You won't have a ****ing clue which one though. Now you tell your teammates to watch out for twitch. They didn't shell out the gold for vision wards yet, so they are pretty screwed if they get too far from their tower. So now your allies tower hug and play defensively. Valuable time goes by. Creep lanes are being farmed, your allies are missing out on some, maybe most of it. They might get impatient and push. Now i always pick a champ with atleast 1 cc, and my brother always just relies on that for his golden moment to step out and rape face. So now we initiate our pretty simple stun and stomp plan. This can easily net a kill or both enemy laners (usually depending on the random pug thats in the sidelane with me). He'll just do this for the first 10 minutes or so, you can never guess where he is because its almost impossible to keep track of twitch without a good investment in wards and/or a lucky clairvoyance.

The main problem with twitch i see is his huge increase in attckspeed from ambush. Even without any DMG items, his base attack nailing down a less-than-tank champ will wear away a good chunk in seconds, followed by expunging that quick stack for a bigger chunk of dmg. The Ultimate just allows him to do this much more easily to multiple enemy champs at a time. A simple damage reduction per unit hit for the ultimate would be fine IMO. That is, assuming his ambush gets reworked or the AS bonus is nerfed.

Tybault

01-18-2010

Regardless of counter strats against twitch is still doens't change the fact that he can single handedly destory and entire team. I've lost way too many matches to the all might over powered twitch. Just pop his ultimate and watch the champs drop. He doesn't even need good teammatesto win a match. Please nerf twitch, for the love of balance.

Saint Seraphiel

01-18-2010

this conversation has been talked to death over the last 30 days... he wasn't really nerfed... very minor IMO. Still takes a skilled twitch user to "DECIMATE ALL" but yeah the range... about it.

Archbob

01-18-2010

Yeah, the range is the only thing I'm complaining about. No hero should ever be able to outrange a tower, ult or no ult.

The attack speed isn't that bad if any of your cc heros has flash or if you have a hero like kass or kat that can silence him or shum\npo over and use her ult(which kills faster than his). But the range really needs to be nerfed.

Zouave321

01-18-2010

if they nerf the ulti too much they should allow to interrupt the ulti, because sometimes its frustrating to miss all the targets because they're moving, its sometimes better to autoattack