Vote League of Legends on MMOSite: We call upon our summoners' voices once more!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swarna

01-19-2010

I'm going to vote everyday. I hope LoL takes all three.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

01-19-2010

reader's choice will be tough to crack archlord is ahead by 4500 votes currently

synack

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Tyrannosaurus View Post
reader's choice will be tough to crack archlord is ahead by 4500 votes currently
Silkroad (15250) has more than twice as many as Archlord (6800).

Darkmana

01-19-2010

If you get vote failed just reload the page and try again until it works. Vote daily and vote from every IP you can (work, school, home, and friends house) HoN and Archlord will be tough to beat, so vote every chance you can get!

Edit: "Silkroad (15250) has more than twice as many as Archlord (6800)." Wow that's going to be hard to beat. The forum mods there must be giving out a trip to Hawaii for the top voter or something lol.

synack

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmana View Post
If you get vote failed just reload the page and try again until it works. Vote daily and vote from every IP you can (work, school, home, and friends house) HoN and Archlord will be tough to beat, so vote every chance you can get!
Gay that it lets you vote once per day. It should be once per IP.
At work I have access to multiple IPs (around 50) I could script a vote once per day per IP until the voting stops. LoL ftw.

Darkmana

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by synack View Post
Gay that it lets you vote once per day. It should be once per IP.
At work I have access to multiple IPs (around 50) I could script and vote once per day until the voting stops.
It does let you vote from more than one IP? How could they know its the same person trying to vote from a different IP?

synack

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmana View Post
It does let you vote from more than one IP? How could they know its the same person trying to vote from a different IP?
They can't know if it's the same person if the IP changes. Which is why they limit it to one vote per IP address because most people don't usually have access to more than one. I'll try from another computer here (at work) to see if it works.

Update:

I just voted on 3 different computers. One is in the same subnet as my workstation and has the same default gateway and external IP. The other two are on different external IPs (servers).

The two that were different worked. The one that was the same as mine (I already voted) didn't work. It told me that I've already voted.

---

n3g4t1v3

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XipXoom View Post
It seems they're disallowing votes based on referrer (or some bug that looks like that). If you get a popup saying "Vote failed" just reload the page and vote again. It worked for me.
Amen to that!

n3g4t1v3

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by synack View Post
They can't know if it's the same person if the IP changes. Which is why they limit it to one vote per IP address because most people don't usually have access to more than one. I'll try from another computer here (at work) to see if it works.

Update:

I just voted on 3 different computers. One is in the same subnet as my workstation and has the same default gateway and external IP. The other two are on different external IPs (servers).

The two that were different worked. The one that was the same as mine (I already voted) didn't work. It told me that I've already voted.

---
Guess that means I'll get at that on my iPhone haha

Shimrra3

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbkskillz View Post
How does Silkroad Online qualify for Best New MMO. New being the keyword I'm looking at here. I have been playing sro for 4 years now, they have had 4 lvl cap increases... 5 year old game with 4 expansions is hardly a "New MMO".
Silkroad isn't in the Best New MMO category, we have that one locked up for LoL already unless we slack off. Silkroad is dominating the Best Gameplay section which is basically open to anything.

@ Pendragon - maybe put a note near the three links (in the original post) saying that the voting won't work if you open more than one at once; I've seen numerous posts like mine on page 5 wondering what was up with it (and its awfully tempting to open them in three tabs when one sees them next to each other like that).