Would you read another installment of Tales from the Rift?

Yes! I loved it! 9 52.94%
Nah, not really my style 1 5.88%
Maybe. Depends on the characters/setting. 6 35.29%
Maybe. Your writing still needs a little work. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tales from the Rift: The Hunt

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

01-31-2011

Hey all. I've been wanting to try my hand at LoL fanfic for awhile now, so I wrote a short story featuring two of my favorite champions: Teemo and Nidalee. This is the first in a series I want to write called Tales from the Rift, which will essentially be a collection of short stories like this one. Please let me know what you think!

The Hunt
----------------------

"Rodents leave such small prints", Nidalee mused quietly to herself. She stooped down to the earth and took a clump of soil into her hand. Summoner's Rift was alive with sunlight today, and the warm, gentle breeze made tracking the elusive Teemo a little bit easier. Nidalee pressed the soil up to her nose and breathed in the scent of Teemo's musky fur. The smell was fresh. The breeze shifted, and Nidalee rose, considering her surroundings.

"Where are you, little yordle?" she asked quietly to the wind. A few moments passed, and then the wind answered. The scent was strong and Nidalee was downwind. She sprang forward, allowing herself to slip into the skin of a cougar. The hunger for prey consumed her like a fierce fire, and she darted toward the smell of the unsuspecting yordle.

There will be no escape for you this time, Teemo.

Teemo leaned against a tree, hidden in the mossy foliage beneath. He unslung the pack around his back, and pulled out a small jar made of a tainted glass. The lid was sealed tightly, and it took all of his strength to twist it off. Teemo gently placed the jar to his side, and reached back into his pack, pulling out a small array of needle-shaped wooden splinters. One by one, he dipped their tips into the purple liquid contained within the glass jar. When his work was completed, a dozen darts glistened silently with the deadly ajunta poison.

A rustling of leaves nearby caused Teemo's small yordle ears to perk up. He was not alone. Teemo quietly loaded the first of the darts into the long reed which he used as a dart gun. Standing straight, the reed was taller than the yordle by half a foot - but it was light and accurate. Teemo had crafted the dart gun himself, and the full length of the reed was encrested with depictions of Bandle City.

The breeze ceased, and all of Summoner's rift fell into a deep silence. Teemo stood quietly, practically invisible in the forest undergrowth. Hours seemed to pass, and no more sounds rose from the foliage. Growing impatient, he took a small step forward, trying to get a better view of his surroundings.

Teemo knew immediately he had made a mistake. A trap sprang up from under the leaves and almost caught his foot. Before he could react, the cougar was on him. Teemo stumbled and fell backwards into the leaves. The beast pounced, pinning him to the forest floor. He watched helplessly as the jungle cat lifted its a paw into the air, its claws springing out ready to kill. Desperate for aid, Teemo reached out to the will of his summoner, pleading for help.

A surge of energy filled the yordle as he felt his entire body being pulled through space and time. The summoner had answered. Teemo glanced up and realized he was now behind the jungle cat, who was looking around, confused as to where its meal had gone.

“My turn,” he thought as he raised the dart gun to his mouth. He aimed for Nidalee’s eyes as she turned to face him. The ajunta-poisoned dart hissed through the air leaving vapors in its wake before finally sinking into the cougar’s cheek. Nidalee roared in pain, blinded from the vapors. Teemo knew he didn’t have time to waste. He darted off through the forest as fast as his little legs would take him, using his small size to take any shortcut that presented itself in the foliage.

Nidalee’s eyes were on fire. She forced herself back to her human form, the poison still dripping down her cheek. Teemo’s shot had missed slightly, but the vapors emanating off the dart did their work. Calling forth the energy of the forest around her, Nidalee infused herself with a surge of pure lifeforce. The poison vanished, and her eyes healed.
“This isn’t over yet, yordle,” she thought harshly. Nidalee sprang forward on her two human feet, sprinting as fast as her legs could carry her. Her spear was poised in her hand, ready to be hurdled toward its unsuspecting prey. The yordle was small but fast, and Nidalee knew he was too injured to keep up the chase forever. The only safe place he could run to was the first of the ancient towers that kept watch over the Rift. Nidalee continued running as the forest grew thinner. The tower was up ahead, and Nidalee’s keen eyes could barely make out the shape of a small rodent huddling beneath it. She took aim, and flung her javelin with all the strength she could muster.

“Close one,” said Teemo aloud as he sat beneath the colossal statue. He had braved the Kumungu jungle plenty of times while gathering his deadly ajunta poison, but knew no greater predator than the fearsome huntress known as Nidalee. The sun was shining brightly, with not a cloud in the sky. It was odd to him, then, that he was suddenly covered by a thin shadow. Teemo looked up to see if perhaps a bird had flown over him, but he was greeted only with pain… and then darkness.

The spear had found its target.

Caseyclueless

01-31-2011

Awesome story!

IvyLoL Vega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2011

A for effort, but next time, copyedit m0ar.

Hate to be that guy. <3 anyway.

Vesh

Game Designer

02-03-2011

Small bump. I saw another Teemo/Nidalee story today that was basically a huge rip off the one I JUST posted a couple days before, so I don't feel too bad about bumping this :P.

Comments always appreciated

Starmie

02-09-2011

Good story . Definitely +1!

Hotarukin

02-10-2011

+1... Did Nidalee -really- just chase teemo through the woods and not hit a single mushroom along the way? For shame. Bad Teemo is bad!

sp1d3r

02-10-2011

Would like to add this to the LoL Fan Site and invite you to join.

www.thelolfansite.com

Vesh

Game Designer

02-13-2011

Sure thing. Seems like a pretty cool set up.

Vesh

Game Designer

02-19-2011

small bamp

pussyXxXfucker

2 Weeks Ago

lel