How to Jungle Udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

This is a very silly question, but I would like an answer to a more complex version of it.

For starters, I play at 1800~ Elo, and I fail whenever I have to choose a jungler. I don't really understand the concept of ganking / farming, and I'm not always sure how to build runes / skills / masteries.

Warwick is easy to jungle with... farm farm farm, get level 6, walk up to someone and R. Udyr is a different story though, and at this point I get pretty confused.

I don't know how to level his skills for one thing, but I have found out that I like tiger udyr > phoenix udyr. I usually just use tiger to burst the creeps down, but my HP gets so low that I can't take Liz or gank top at level 4.

TL;DR - What runes, masteries / skill leveling will allow me to do this? ^

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

bump

SynergyDreamer

01-31-2011

I'm amateur, but take 0-21-9 with armor seals, mpen marks, mr/level glyphs, and an HP quint followed by 2 MS quints. R-W-R-E is my usual level up from blue buff, wolves, wraiths, golems, and lizard. Although there is some time wasted between there.

Canisx

01-31-2011

Health quints, dodge yellows, armor pen reds, magic resist or mana regen blues. Fundamentally you use R to kill creeps, E to stun your opponents, W to survive heal, and Q to kill turrets. There are a couple builds I have tried and run across. Attack Speed with madreds and other on hit triggers and survivability seem to be the best and most consistent.
I usually get R, W, R, E then start ganking. You want to start off by turning on W then switching to E when you start after your opponent to get the move speed bonus then stun them. Then Switch to R for extra damage. You want to time your stance changes to keep your “stance dance” up so you can keep you attack speed bonus up. Make sure you have plenty of mana available before a gank, enough that you can toggle your stance 4 or 5 time. If you have to tower dive, you will need to make sure you can get W up to take the tower shots for you. But be careful of stuns and silences, they will stop you from changing stances.