How do you build Sivir properly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

Why get a summoner spell you don't need instead of one that helps you do your job? Why not learn to play better and manage mana + have the correct runes instead of wasting your first farming item be an item you don't actually need?

More to the point, when you see a Sivir in high level games, why don't they have teleport when they win the game? Why no Chalice?
So again lets take this in parts.

1. Teleport complements Sivir's pushing ability, which is faster than just about anyone else's. With Teleport she's able to steal towers that other carry's would have taken too long to drop. Towers win games. Therefore, one could argue it's a Summoner Skill that helps her do her job.

2. Why do people buy Doran Rings? Because they give you an early game advantage. Why would a Sivir buy a Chalice? Because being able to spam Boomerang Blade off cooldown at level 5 is a big advantage both in terms of harassing the enemy and fast clearing the minions so you can sweep the jungle Wraiths and Wolves between waves, or return to shop/heal, or move to gank, etc. It is an early game advantage.

3. What Elo are you at where Sivirs don't build Chalice or some other form of mana regen? I tried checking for myself but you're either a smurf/troll, have never actually played a ranked match, or are ranked so low that the game won't show it to others to save you the embarassment.

Carados

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominatius maxim View Post
3. What elo are you at where sivirs don't build chalice or some other form of mana regen?
1700+.

Seriously. Watch any high Elo stream. TreeEskimo, SoloMid, Roku. Hell, even bad streams. FeedFest. NicoSharp. Even, gasp, CLG. Report back.

Also good job at the flaming. I don't respond to trolls, Mr. Maxim.

imhuge

01-31-2011

I get Chalice on Sivir and all it does is delay the game while I farm
if you use Boomerang once every 30 seconds, you only need 20 regen/5 to make it up and that's without shield
Banshees is usually more than enough mana and getting golem from an enemy makes your Chalice useless

Berserkers is for farming, you can get Ionian or Mercury if you like them

After Banshees, it's very hard to kill you; Flash initiators can't initiate on you, physical anti-carries like Yi or Olaf or Shaco have to deal with your dodge, tanky dps lose to your lifesteal

Dakkas

01-31-2011

I'm going to give this No-Chalice build a shot. I can see it working though I'll need to adjust my gameplay style to not BB every wave mid-game

FaerellG

01-31-2011

I get chalice early on for better efficiency in farming, then I sell it at end game when I want to free up that final slot for some more AD.

Spyrobuddy

02-01-2011

chalice is definatley worth it.
Its early game surviablity and it allows spam of boomerang..

Polymath

02-01-2011

I've seen Sivirs get Philo Stone which makes more sense to me than Chalice. Sivir is a late game champion; she wants to sit around farming and make the game to last awhile. If it does, Philo Stone will pay for itself, and selling it back later is no problem. A gold per five mana regen item like that will be a lot more gold efficient in the long run than wasting money on a Chalice or god forbid a Manamune.

I mean, yeah, you're setting back your early game power, but you're freakin' Sivir. Your goal is to farm safely, not get kills.

The mana regen is really the important part, but the health regen is nice for AFK farming as well, since you can take more harass and not care.