How do you build Sivir properly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AutomobileX

01-31-2011

What do you usually get as a defense/survive item?
I usually do this:
meki pendent>chalice>boots>bf sword>berserker greaves>bloodthirster>frozen mallet OR last whisper depending on enemies>frozen mallet (if I didn't get before)>stack blood thirsters

Am I doing it right? I seem to die a lot as sivir ;s usually only get about a 1 kd.

Shagrarz

01-31-2011

If you feel like you are dying too much, you could always use the Warmog's/Atma's build. It starts out doing less damage, but it makes you nigh unkillable.

Teslacrashed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

IMO, Sivir is best for two things.

1) Downing towers. I take teleport, stack ArmPen, and I wait for an unattended lane with minions close to the tower, then Tele + pop Ultimate. Tower gone.

Taking out unattended towers is really a massive strong suit for Sivir.

2) Helping out the team. I usually grab Starks, and Aegis, pop your ult when enough teammates are around.

I don't have an impressive lifetime kills with Sivir, by I do have higher lifetime game wins than loses.

Carados

01-31-2011

Doran's Blades until you can ---> Bloodthirster until you need defensive items ---> defensive items until you don't need any more ---> Starks.

FaerellG

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslacrashed View Post
IMO, Sivir is best for two things.

1) Downing towers. I take teleport, stack ArmPen, and I wait for an unattended lane with minions close to the tower, then Tele + pop Ultimate. Tower gone.

Taking out unattended towers is really a massive strong suit for Sivir.

2) Helping out the team. I usually grab Starks, and Aegis, pop your ult when enough teammates are around.

I don't have an impressive lifetime kills with Sivir, by I do have higher lifetime game wins than loses.
Armor Pen no longer affects towers...it was an undocumented change.

As to the OP, you have a pretty solid start. I would recommend adding in more attack speed into your build.

If you find yourself dying a lot, then you need better Map Awareness. Buy some wards.

CrossBlades

01-31-2011

Ever think of banshees for the hp and mana? + a great shield like your own!

FaerellG

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBlades View Post
Ever think of banshees for the hp and mana? + a great shield like your own!
I hear that's a good combo to combat CC heavy teams, but usually I would rather just work on my positioning and avoid being in CC range in the first place.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

I wrote a very extensive guide on her that's currently up to date: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=451002

A Graceful Seal

01-31-2011

i usually start meki pendent + 2 health pots. convert to a manamune, get a boot responding to the enemies. Then i build starks fervor and phantom dancer for attack speed and crits. After that you can go either bloodthirster/madreds/other dmg items OR as said previously, you can start with warmogs/atmas impaler/damage and health items.

That's what i went with, using teleport and ghost. I mainly destroy towers and push like mad. Make sure you ALWAYS have the most creep kills. Sivir is arguably the best pusher in the game and if you're not number one in creep kills then you're not pushing enough.

Carados

01-31-2011

You really really shouldn't need any mana items on Sivir. Or Teleport. You're playing Sivir like it's 2009, not 2011. You want Flash/Cleanse/Ghost. You're a carry. Act like one.