Amumu Itemization

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fallen 62

01-18-2010

So, a few friends and I want to try a team build, and I've kinda taken on the Amumu role. Looking for a tanky build, and I like the idea of Sunfire Capes. Would something like this be viable? http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/A...8f53607727fa41

I've never played him before, and plan on getting some practice games in later tonight. Just wondering if this is an OK item setup on him, or if something else works a bit better? Note: Frozen Heart is there for the Mana and the CDR

spreadfred

01-18-2010

you have no MR. i get chalice (1st item) instead of frozen heart to solve mana issues, and also get some MR. i also will get merc's treads (for the MR, not the stun reduc), and sometimes guardian angel after 2 sunfires if i feel i need more MR.
you don't need sorc's shoes, amumu's passive suffices.

Baron Corm

01-18-2010

Try going AP instead of Sunfire Capes. You will deal a lot more damage and be a lot more useful.

Something like this: http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/A...f7039a0d4709b5

Fallen 62

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadfred View Post
you have no MR. i get chalice (1st item) instead of frozen heart to solve mana issues, and also get some MR. i also will get merc's treads (for the MR, not the stun reduc), and sometimes guardian angel after 2 sunfires if i feel i need more MR.
you don't need sorc's shoes, amumu's passive suffices.
Wow, completely missed the passive there O.o I'm more worried about CDR than Mana/Mana Regen at the moment. Maybe it will change :P Adding in a little MR, how does this look then? http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/A...a61a0df4e7a3dc

Fallen 62

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
Try going AP instead of Sunfire Capes. You will deal a lot more damage and be a lot more useful.

I'm really not looking to do a whole lot of damage, but I will also look at that. I'm mainly there for the tank/stun role

Baron Corm

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen 62 View Post
I'm really not looking to do a whole lot of damage, but I will also look at that. I'm mainly there for the tank/stun role
Play Alistar then. He's much better at those things. Sunfire Capes are also a pure damage item so I'm not quite sure where you're going with that. The 1000 cost combine adds a meager 20 health.

nekitamo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post

No. Just no.

Quote:
Play Alistar then. He's much better at those things. Sunfire Capes are also a pure damage item so I'm not quite sure where you're going with that. The 1000 cost combine adds a meager 20 health.
Again... NO. Alistair does not have the useful aoe ult for initiation like Amumu does. Furthermore Amumu does not become as useless late game as Alistair does, and can farm much easier. IMO, Amumu is superior in every way.

But that's just my opinion...

bobthegood

01-18-2010

The difference between Alister and Amumu is Alister's tanking abilities aren't as item intensive. Amumu can do great damage if you focus on his AP aspect. If you want to make him a hybrid tank/caster, try going Rod of Ages into Abyssal Scepter and Sorcerers Shoes for more AP/spell penetration. While I've seen people put Nashor's tooth on him, it doesn't really fit into his role as tank/initiator, making Frozen heart a better item for CDR, but a little later in the build.

Honestly, with the way I play Amumu, I make great use of Lichbane in conjunction with a constantly recharging tantrum. Rod, Abyssal, Lichbane, and Mercury Treads give you good HP, a ****-ton of MR, and fantastic damage.

I've seen effective Amumus go Chalice and Mercury Treads into dual heart of golds and then dual sunfire capes. The first 4 items are dirt cheap and make you an all around solid tank in the midgame, giving you HP, armor, and MR. Late game when you have despair maxed out and a sunfire cape or two, you'll do great AoE dps. Its a cookie-cutter tank build which works on quite a few different tanks.