Countering those stealthers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

01-18-2010

(To keep everything simple I won't go into explaining DPS vs AP builds for any of these characters).

Definition of Invisible: impossible or nearly impossible to see; imperceptible by the eye
Definition of stealth: avoiding detection by moving carefully

There are five primary stealth characters in this game. Three of them are defined by their most obvious feature (their ability to go invisible), the other two are classified a bit different. First off, let me tell you the five stealthers and their roles.

The invisible sneaks:
-Twitch: The rat from hell
-Evelynn: The vampire that doesn't sparkle
-Shaco: The joker copyright infringement.
The escape artists:
-Twisted Fate: The illegitimate love child of Gambit and Nightcrawler
-Teemo: The "my passive lets me go invisible, scouts code *****es."

(Just a note, our three friends Janna and Master Yi aren't on the list and I'll explain why.
-Yi and Janna: Rely on speed to escape. Teemo does as well, but not nearly as bad.
-Anivia: Because her strategy "I throw up an ice wall in the woods and run is countered by "lol I flash in and eat you, KFC style.)

Now, lets break each of the three stealth characters down to understand their stealth and how they use it to benefit themselves.

The ways of the kill

Twitch: Out of the three invisible units, Twitch is your ranged attacker. His take down methods vary, but the most commen I've seen for him go as follows:
-The gank: Most commonly used early game, the telltale sign of this gank is him having Exhaust as a summoner skill. He'll wait for your team to focus attention on you before revealing himself. At which point he'll more or less hit you with everything he's got, and before you have a chance to get away, keep hitting you with arrows. Most of the time he'll even appear in a position between you and the turret, cutting off your escape route. The best defense here (though seeming suicidal) it to run away from his attacks, even if it means staying seperated from your tower.
-BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA: This one is common among all the stealthers, but twitch just seems to pull it off the best. You're alone in a lane, far away from a tower, when suddenly half your hp is gone and your staring into the beady eyes of a rat. Congratulations, you're now dead. Run, and pray to God you get away. Twitch is the hardest to dodge here simply because he slows you when he does it.
-Focus on the tank, not the rat please: Clean and simple. Every DPS character does this. You focus on the initiator, and the rat who does this oh so well pops out of nowhere and loads you with arrows while you're praying your warmog carves that singed.

Evelynn: Though not as tricky as Shaco, she is still a terrifying mistress to deal with. If she drops a boots of mobility you're in even deeper **** than you were before, and if you see the ***** packing a Majai's soulstealer, just avoid her. Her methods are a bit more clean cut:
-BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA: Same as the rat, except she's in your face and the last thing you see before you die are two blue chest melons. I prefer it over a flea mongering pest rat.
-Backstab: I once had an ex who used to adore to scratch my back. Sometimes when she was feeling playful she'd use her nails to write her name in my flesh. To this day I still have girls ask me "Who's Nikki?". Eve is somewhat the same, however instead of loving back lashes the ***** grabs you by your back with both claws and tears your spine out, the word "Fatality" on her lips. The physics behind what just happened goes as follows: Crazy lady snuck up behind you, and kicked you in the spine with a stiletto, you are now missing a lot of your health as a squishie. As a tank, reach back like a pimp and smack that ho for trying to get you alone.
-Mop job: I should have mentioned this for the rat, but she does this extremely well. Basically she has boots of mobility and it takes you eight seconds to get back to base from any point in the map. If she finds you you're dead. Pray to God she doesn't check bushes.

Shaco: Out of all the stealthers I hate Shaco the most. Nothing is more aggrivating than having him stab you, you turn around and punch him in the teeth, then him disappearing in a poof. He's more an annoyance than a stealthy assassin, but some people can play him well.
-The backstab: See Eve, but with less eroticism, unless white clown make up is hot to you, in which case you're probably a juggalo.
-The suicide dive: He packs himself full of AP and sends his clone after you. Trust me, that thing hurts.
-The reverse of the reverse gank: This one sucks big time. He attacks you in a gank attempt, you almost kill him, he runs into the bushes, and a cho'gath eats you. It requires teammwork, but no one can do a reverse reverse gank quite like shaco.

Cardmaster
(Coming soon)

Teemo
(Coming soon)

Items to help counter
(Coming soon)

Specific skills

(Coming soon)

General skills
(coming Soon)

Heroes to help counter
(Coming soon)

General heroes types to help counter
(Coming soon)
(This isn't completed, expect it to get much longer and more in depth, but I'm not in the mood to spend another three hours on this when its almost 3 am my time and I need sleep.)

KoreanRacials

01-18-2010

TF can go invis? that's news to me

maybe he had lothar's edge

Rectal Necrosis

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanRacials View Post
TF can go invis? that's news to me

maybe he had lothar's edge
Talle'ho good chap. I do recall I specifically said that he was not an invisible unit, but a stealther in general, that will be covered when I am not so tired and capable of finishing this guide. *monocle*.

Now then good troll, perhaps you would like to make another uneducated snide remark after not paying attention to the text in this topic, or are we quite done?