Alistar Headbut Jungle NPC Bug (?)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antarus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2009

I have been playing alot of Alistar lately and am enjoying the champ alot (which is a good thing considering I'm getting a sweet preorder skin for him) but I've noticed an interesting thing during matches involving his headbut ability.

While killing the Jungle NPCs (I cant remember the the term vet players use for this action, jungling ?) in the late game, I have been tempted to use my headbut ability because it actually does a nice bit of damage. There is a bug however that occurs when I headbut a jungle minion and it doesn't die, once it lands it will run back to it preset location and automatically fully heal.

The reason I added a question mark to my thread title is I understand why the game would do this; to prevent kiting (leading a high value NPC to a turret or somthing) and also to prevent accidental aggro. But in this situation it sucks that I cannot actively use one of my heavier hitting abilities without risk of resetting the mob if I don't kill it with headbut.

Whether its a bug or not I thought I should note it.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

08-14-2009

At least you didn't die
My friend head-butted someone when he had full health and instantly died! We weren't sure what happened but the other team actually asked wtf hit him, lol. No one knew...

Antarus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2009

Headbut death ??? hmm you should post that if it happens again, that sounds like a bug that I wouldnt want in this game :P

Seeing as Alistar is my go-to champ! lol

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

08-14-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I've noticed this as well. I think with the way Headbutt works, and the range of creep kiting, this will most likely stay the same. I guess we'll just have to use caution when Headbutting fools in the jungle.

Emrot

08-14-2009

Is there any chance you could give jungle creeps some knockback resistance or immunity? I know tristana, alistar, and singed can all send the creeps through walls, which makes them run back and reset their health. It's really bad when that happens to the dragon, and I bet it could happen to Nashor as well.

Antarus

08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrot View Post
Is there any chance you could give jungle creeps some knockback resistance or immunity? I know tristana, alistar, and singed can all send the creeps through walls, which makes them run back and reset their health. It's really bad when that happens to the dragon, and I bet it could happen to Nashor as well.

^ This makes sense, if throwing them resets their health, why have them able to be thrown ???

If Riot took away the ability for them to be moved by such abilities... that would make it so I and others can still use our abilities for thier damage (really though, Alistar only has 2 offensive abilities and one of them resets the NPCs health, its killin us!) it just wont throw them and reset the jungle minion's health