Poppy Passive Mechanics...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

01-18-2010

I was up against a poppy, she was at 1300 HP, so theoretically if I tried to do more than 130 HP it would cut it down by half right?

I was nunu and I hit her with a Ice Blast for about 234 dmg, and it did 200 damage to her... should it have been reduced to 117 damage instead?

Shatterlight

01-18-2010

It reduces by half the section of your damage that exceeds the 10%. So 234-130 = 104 damage, reduce it by half, it took off 52. Least, to my understanding. It is still a great passive.

Haigoeo

01-18-2010

Lets say she had 1300 HP, so 10% = 130.

U hit her for 234 so 234-130=104. That 104 damage will be reduced by 50%.

So we have the 130 + 104/2 = 182 overall damage.

Phoxly

01-18-2010

So its not really that OP... people are such whiners lmfao.

Haigoeo

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxly View Post

Yea, thats true. Many whine before they actually understand how her passive works.
It's not OP at all to me.

blahdiblah

01-18-2010

Now, where is armor/magic reduction calculated?

Say poppy has 1300 hp, and 50% spell reduction through magic resist.

You cast a spell on her that does 400 damage. Would that become 200 damge from your resistance and then be reduced by 35(half of the 70 spillover) becomming 165? Or would it be reduced by 135 and then cut in half becomming becomming like 135?

giguelingueling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxly View Post
this passive is defenitly too strong against caster, i can't count the number of time that she was down to like 100 hp and i hit her with a spell that normally deal 250 damage and because of her basic mr and her passive, she still was able to survive.

Her passive is fine againts physical dps, but way too strong againts caster

Phoxly

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by giguelingueling View Post
this passive is defenitly too strong against caster, i can't count the number of time that she was down to like 100 hp and i hit her with a spell that normally deal 250 damage and because of her basic mr and her passive, she still was able to survive.

Depends on the caster, if its damage over time like Morgana it doesn't effect her at all, but with Ryze, it would be a huge brick in the road.

DamnPandaHands

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by giguelingueling View Post

Her base mr at level 18 is 30, meaning 23% reduction, meaning 192 damage.
10% of 192=~19, meaning she took 19+(1/2*173)=19+86.5=105.5

I believe you are mistaken. She is only good in very low level competition. She offers little to a team battle, a slightly powerful q, a chancy stun and a great ultimate which; however, is lesser than kayle's by far. Her burst dps is alright, though can be easily outdone, her survivability is due almost entirely to her passive, which is a great passive, but nothing to over react about, especially when her options are to build dps or build dps, as her passive is practically only useful when she is a low hp player and only when she is hit by burst damage. I have seen a couple poppy's pubstomp, but nothing worse than eve or yi, that won't move up into any scale of higher level play at all.

Xigo Xigo

01-18-2010

*Grumble* I can't nuke her as Veigar *Grumble*.

Though, she's easy to shut down with a team (Like anyone), it's just that it's annoying to do so.

Maybe the passive should work against AA only?