Master Yi tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marathonturtle

01-17-2010

Hi,

Can anyone give me tips for Master Yi? I do good with him sometime, but I mostly am kind of meh with him. So my problem is that I usually get owned in the start of a game and fall behind in leveling. So anyone have any tips that could help me out with these problems?
I followed this guide
http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=12758
So my guy is good with crits and stuff like that.

Any help would be appreciated, sorry if this is in the wrong section or something.

SjrnzxHT9BnngZRT

01-17-2010

How you do get killed early? Is it bring overly aggresive? Bad lane mates? As master yi, you would want to take the solo lane, as it allows you a good exp advantage over top and bottom, allowing you to start ganking when you're around 6-7 and they are around 5. I dont suggest you take that build as I really don't see razors as being any way useful in the long run, I suggest you start off with a meki and 2x hp pots, the meki allows you to get in more alphas and the hp pots are self explanatory. Early in the game, if you have solo, use alpha to harrass enemy heroes and last kill minions, with the 30% chance to deal extra damage, it will quickly clear out 3-4 minions in one hit(not in the start). You will want to time alpha so that it executes when an enemy hero is close to your set target (always target a minion so that you dont end up in the other heros face), this gives you an alpha hit on the hero, which in the early stages, is crucial as it chips away at their hp, forcing them to play more defensive and thus lose out on last hits and exp.

xKLG

01-17-2010

You do NOT want solo lane as Yi. You want a lane with somebody who has good lane presence so you can farm without fear of getting killed (you are weaker 1-6 than a lot of heroes).

You want to build for zerk greaves and infinity edge, its really all you will need.

You should lane on the side of the map with lizard so you can get that buff consistently starting at level 4.

Make sure you have exhaust since its your only slow.

Ethernia

01-17-2010

I agree, you definitely do not want to solo mid, if you can, pick a lane with another champ that has a slow or a stun. i usually lane with nassus and i have exhaust/rally.

I generaly go zerk greaves > zeal > bloodthirster > phantom dancer > infinity edge

These are interchangeable depending on how the match is going

If I'm with a decent nassus, I'll actually pick up wuju style as my first skill, wait in the bushes, rally + wuju + exhaust + nassus's slow generally means an easy first blood.

Shatterlight

01-17-2010

Or you can lane with a Fiddlesticks/Blitzcrank. Fiddlesticks leaves them cowering against their tower so you can freely minion farm. Blitzcrank gives free Champion kills, if he knows how to aim. Both require you to help them a lot in those duties, though. They can't do it themself with you sitting there leeching XP.

Marathonturtle

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethernia View Post
I agree, you definitely do not want to solo mid, if you can, pick a lane with another champ that has a slow or a stun. i usually lane with nassus and i have exhaust/rally.

I generaly go zerk greaves > zeal > bloodthirster > phantom dancer > infinity edge

These are interchangeable depending on how the match is going

If I'm with a decent nassus, I'll actually pick up wuju style as my first skill, wait in the bushes, rally + wuju + exhaust + nassus's slow generally means an easy first blood.
I'll try that set of equipment, I'll see how it works.

@Ministry
I die because I try to kill minions, and then other champions kick my ass in the progress, so I fall behind level wise.

XaXa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Don't alpha strike next to the champions unless you're sure you can survive the tower and kill them!

tabasko

01-17-2010

i've followed that guide for a long time (unless there is another one which is very similar), it used to say stack crit chance. And so I did.

If you stacked crit chance, I suggest starting with a vampiric scepter. I find that a better item to start off with is the executioner's calling. The scepter will let you last hit more agressively than the sword. Try to lane with a ranged champ, and last hit creeps only. If necessary, let enemies push near your tower.

If you die early, get the crit gloves, and you can nearly last hit all the minions with your crit chance runes + gloves. Just run around the minions, wait for tower to hit once or twice, go in for the last hit. This is easier with yi because your passive works really well to last hit early with the tower.

Once you get executioner's calling, it will be easier to put more pressure on your lane. Hit enemy champs, it will poison them a bit, and reduce their healing. With the exec you will also crit a lot, and you'll be taking a big chunk out of their HP (as opposed to razors, which will not help you as much in terms of lane presence.

Once you get execs and zerkers, you will be around lvl6-7ish. Jungling with exec/zerkers is just as easy as jungling with razor/scepter/zerkers, but with exec you will be more useful while ganking.

In the jungle, start with golem: alphastrike, wuju, highlander. Highlander recharges fast, so use it on golem and lizard. With golem, you can alpha strike + wuju all the creeps easily. Lastly get the liz buff, go heal if necessary and go gank.

Darkening

01-17-2010

If you want to try a different guide, I have one here.

Also, if played right, you can solo mid and get very good results. Most of the time I end up making equal or more money solo than on a side lane.