[Mini-Guide] Countering Blitzcrank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

01-17-2010

Banshee's Veil

/thread

yesno

01-17-2010

As a blitz user, almost everyone can counter blitz now. It's like a gimmick everyone knows of.

Thormax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Honestly my favorite thing to do as teemo, just as he's about to grab me place a mushroom right infront of his hand so he ends up hitting the shroom instead. and if he already has his pop up turned on he will end up hitting the shroom and taking damage. i laugh every time.

Graty

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormax View Post
Honestly my favorite thing to do as teemo, just as he's about to grab me place a mushroom right infront of his hand so he ends up hitting the shroom instead. and if he already has his pop up turned on he will end up hitting the shroom and taking damage. i laugh every time.
I heard that Blitz can't grab mushrooms anymore.

Grovel

01-17-2010

Always have a minion between you and Blitz is my rule of thumb. Irregardless my laning partner always seems to have amnesia and gets killed by a Blitz pull&gank at least three times.

Thormax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graty View Post
I heard that Blitz can't grab mushrooms anymore.
I did it today, and it worked, except the mushroom just got moved to where his grab was. Maybe because he didn't do his auto pop up.

Bigern

01-18-2010

Heres a better miniguide; stay near minions

N8Dogg

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigern View Post
Heres a better miniguide; stay near minions
This only counters a poor blitz. I don't consider myself a great one but there are many tactics good blitz players will use to get around this and I'll list a few.

1.) I get many kills by timing my pull right as the creep your standing behind dies. So if your standing behind a creep make sure he's not getting focused and about to die.

2.) A lot of good blitz players carry clairvoyance. This allows them to get a pull where you can't see them but they can see you. Often I pull people into the forest when they think they are safe at their tower. So I can get you from the side even if your standing in front of an army of creep.

3.) Flash, people assume the only way I'll initiate a gank is through a pull. So there they are sitting behind a wave of creep assuming they are safe. Flashing beyond the creep gets them every time. Then I'll knock them up and when they try to run I'll use my pull.

4.) Baiting is probably the best against an aggressive lane. A blitz with high mana makes great bait because of his passive ability. If the player is too aggressive I'll bait them out from behind their creep wave and then pull. So I'll let myself get low and pushed back to my tower and then start baiting them in front of their creep.

Even some of the best players are suspect to one of these tactics.