100% ap lux build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coyote balfour

01-29-2011

i main malzahar and now secondary lux, so ive been playing her pretty nonstop.
ive read tons of good build guides and ive tried them all and im fine with them except for the fact that lux is the queen of "almost got a kill"

i dont know if its in my nature as a player, but i feel building "survivability" in my heroes is pointless because a. i dont die often (3-4 times is alot for me) and b. if im that squishy and i get in a situation where im caught, im going to die anyway so whats the point..

so im trying to find the most deadly pure ap build possible suggestion for lux.. (my runes are all cdr and magic pen.) and in which order

besides the cdr boots i get, would 5 deathcaps be the most ap? or
2 deathcaps then 3 archangel or deathcap archangel deathcap ect

or what about a soulstealer (since me dying is extremely rare anyway) ?

Nihles

01-29-2011

If you want raw, pure ap then get rabadon's archangel staff and maybe another AA...each aa adds 400 mana, 3% mana converted to ap and 45 base ap, so with all that extra mana adding up the aa quickly becomes the most efficient per item slot item for ap (if you already have a deathcap). The base mana on all the AA staves multiply eachother, whereas the deathcaps are just flat 155 after you get the first passive. If you're going pure ap, might as well get the mejai's since you're going to either faceroll or feed depending on if the enemy is smart enough to gank you.

Epic Dancing Guy

01-29-2011

I don't play Lux so this might not be accurate. unless they got gap closing skills you can be as squishy as you want with your range. Get Mejai's if you're getting lots of kill (obviously). 5 Archangels and
1 Deathcap give the most AP but I recommend CDR boots, Mejai's(optional) and 3 Deathcaps and Void staff and blue buff.

Lancefighter

01-29-2011

im actually not much a fan of cdr boots anymore - my typical lux build is doran ring, sorc boots, rylais, dfg (cdr/nuke), deathcap, maintaining blue pot for cdr once i hit 11ish

But then, I play lux as a heavier supporter over pure damage build

Doriantv

01-29-2011

Don't play Lux, but don't most Lux players buy Sheen somewhere? (Lich Bane later)

Lancefighter

01-29-2011

sheen/lichbane are decent items to add damage to those passive procs, but lately last laning i try to be too far away from the teamfight to autoattack, using my ult to proc my passive as much as possible

Leynnar

01-30-2011

Sheen is excellent early game to punish overly aggressive players. Lux is very good at harass and this synergizes well with her abilities/passive. Like above, late game you don't wanna be that close to the action to be autoattacking too much. Lichbane is more of a luxury last item upgrade to blow up towers.

CTHDRL

01-30-2011

Mejas
tear
rabadon
zhonyas
archangels

In that order.

After that build whatever the hell you want.

I've one a few games as Lux with all 3 snowball items. That's how lulz Lux is outside of High Elo ranked.

FattestCupcakeNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2011

I play Lux whenever I'm tired of randoming heroes and want to faceroll. This is how I build her:

Magic Pen Reds; Mana Regen Yellows; AP Blues; Ap Quints, 21/0/9 I take improved ignite in offense, with 3/3 crit and 3/3 ability power. In utility I take the 4/4 imp mana pool instead of exp, and 1 point in either the bonus mana regen, or the gold.

Summoner Spells: Ignite/Clarity. You could make an argument for Flash, but I'd rather just kill them on approach via the extra mana rather than assume I'll be in poor positioning and need flash.

I start with Tome of Amplification and one red pot. Then I take mid. Skill order goes Q, then E. Max Q first, then max E. Take ur ult whenever you can.

I save 800 to at least buy Mejais, that is my first item even before boots. The only time I change this is if somehow I get ganked and die early. In which case, if I have enough for boots I'll blow the 350 then rush to mejais asap. It's best to save up 1150 and to buy boots an mejais at the same time, but diff games diff situations.

After mejais and sorc boots, I get the tear for arch. Finish Arch, then pop either (*) Lichbane or Deathcap (you'll want both). Finish with a situational item, such as the Eternity hourglass or whatever, maybe pen. stick if they're tanky, there's alot of room for variation here. (*= if you find you are in a very difficult game, building the hp/mp stone to progress into Rod of the Ages or Banshees is usually just what the doctor ordered)

Personal Tips: Right around when I purchase my tear, I find I'll usually have enough to buy a blue potion. Don't be afraid to use these! The extra CD and AP is a great boost! In conjunction with the blue buff, your by lvl 16 your ult can be on 24 second CD! I find this particularly advantageous as you can farm an entire creep wave in a straight line with one blast, and still be able to snipe heroes for more stacks. Or you can use it to kill an incomming creep wave to allow extra time to take a tower. Anyways, good luck!