Blitzcrank - Rocket Grab Range Accidentally Increased?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehOwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Nowhere did I see that Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab range was increased last patch, but seriously, it has been.

Not only have I seen a large increase in people playing as Blitz but I've noticed that the Rocket Grab is not only faster (as intended) but has a noticeably longer range!

I don't have a screenshot, but I'll leave it up to you to investigate.

Quote:
Blitzcrank
Rocket Grab pull back speed increased
Range increase too?

Layotees

01-17-2010

Blitzcrank was always a popular champion in beta, the only reason you sometimes don't see him for a while is because he isn't on rotation and he's ridiculously expensive. He's always this popular when he's on rotation.

ENÐER

01-17-2010

I have played blitzcrank alot and I dont notice a difference at all :P

ShardOfDarkness

01-17-2010

It seems to me that the range is hard to read sometimes because if Blitz misses his grab, his arm will go some random distance and retract (sometimes stops short, sometimes go full length). Also, remember that the hit-box is pretty big so it gets a slight plus range from that (meaning you could be just snagged because of the way the hit-box works)

TehOwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Perhaps a visual issue makes it look different, but the range of it is ridiculous.

Also, the ability to pull champions through terrain.

On a dual lane, I saw my ally get pulled from the top tower into the river brush...

Blitz means you can't stand still, EVER.

Also: I never remember seeing it be so far pre-patch.

ShardOfDarkness

01-17-2010

There are a lot of skill shots you have to dance or eat. Blitz isn't the only one that can spell instant death if it hits (nor does it always mean you're dead, people often escape me unless I have 1-2 friends present or they can't decide if they want to fight or run). Blitz's is just in the limelight because he's free atm. I don't recall seeing him all that often when he wasn't in rotation (6.3 k IP is probably the culprit), so it's not like it's a huge game breaker normally.

IFapForMoney

01-17-2010

What pisses me off is the arm f'm curves if a target is in range but slightly out of the arm's mark. It will grab champs when it shouldn't because of this.

Layotees

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehOwn View Post
Perhaps a visual issue makes it look different, but the range of it is ridiculous.

Also, the ability to pull champions through terrain.

On a dual lane, I saw my ally get pulled from the top tower into the river brush...

Blitz means you can't stand still, EVER.

Also: I never remember seeing it be so far pre-patch.
That pull isnt' possible without Blitz flash grabbing, which is a very difficult technique to pull off and attempting it at all costs you your flash cooldown.