Countering this team. How?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belanova

01-17-2010

How do you counter a team that has Twitch, Udyr, Yi, Poppy, and Kayle? I know early game it's not too hard to keep them in check, but if they play smart, they don't die. So mid game comes when the ultis are available, and they become almost unstoppable in team fights. What do you do? Also, the Yi and Twitch have Cleanse.

I've never played a team like this, but I'm thinking it would be very annoying.

MBirk

01-17-2010

How about singed, sivir, trist, Alistar, Anivia?
3 ranged to stop udyr from easymode laning. You can harass him.
Singed poison owns poppy. Every one, can stand up to poppy head to head pretty well.
Multiple knockups/backs, stuns to shut down any kayle/poppy/yi attempts to go nuts on you.
Wall to own yi, poppy, udyr as well.

sure that's an "OP" team individually. but they don't necessarily beat a well organized team.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanova View Post
How do you counter a team that has Twitch, Udyr, Yi, Poppy, and Kayle? I know early game it's not too hard to keep them in check, but if they play smart, they don't die. So mid game comes when the ultis are available, and they become almost unstoppable in team fights. What do you do? Also, the Yi and Twitch have Cleanse.

I've never played a team like this, but I'm thinking it would be very annoying.
focus fire kayle, once she blows her ulti she is basically useless

also the team only has 1 stun (udyr) no CC at all to speak, no real tank, udyr can be a secondary tank but he isnt a true tank..a well coordinated team who work together should have no probs, esp if you have some CC

if you can get a gank off on kayle then push together, the only one you really would have to worry about is twitch with his ulti

the rest should be scared to go up against you without their lifeline

DamnPandaHands

01-17-2010

blitzcrank would do you wonders.

Chillspawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Rammus + Alistar.

AoE stun and uncleansable (or is it cleansable now) CC ftw.

Shatterlight

01-17-2010

Also, it is a pure physical team, so a little Armor would go a long way. The Rammus mentioned above would screw them up.

Pylat

01-17-2010

Any team with decent amount of Stuns and slows will obliterate this kind of physical team. champs like ashe, viegar, alistar, TF, Blitzcrank, fiddlesticks and nunu.

Gank the team into oblivion the first 20 min. then group push and smash their base.

A team full of physical carries should not be allowed to farm it up.

If you allow them to jungle and lane farm for 35 minutes without pressuring their towers, you deserve to lose.

Edit: udyr is probably the worst teamfighter in the game, he does absolutely nothing to aid the teamfight. the best he can do is wait in the shadows, and then go in to finish of straggelers.
At least twitch can contribute by pressing the I WIN button to destroy the whole enemy team.

bobthegood

01-17-2010

They may be good heroes, but with the exception of Kayle they have no synergy together. A well constructed team will win every team fight.

Really, just ignore Kayle, she's going to ult someone, kill the others in the meantime.

Zouave321

01-17-2010

udyr and yi in this team fail. a full physical team is easily counterable, pick katarina and another caster and you found the op team.
people will trying to focus twitch or katarina, while the caster stun them and op poppy damage for 140%. kayle protect twitch