When I see Corki, I see 300g with a hat in a gyrocopter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeta

01-17-2010

Valkyrie was overnerfed. The range is so small, there's never a situation where it will actually be useful. Can it escape? Not really. Can it be used as an initiator? Not really, and why would you want to go melee range with a ranged DPS character? You're better off with Flash.

Vancouver Amumu

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Valkyrie was overnerfed.
I agree. It's only good at killing minions, sometimes.

It doesn't scare anyone, and it doesn't help you escape...

JunkRamen

01-17-2010

Valkyrie has definitely helped me escape and chase even with the nerfed range.

Zielmann

01-17-2010

It's not so much the range of Valkyrie that's the useful part of escaping with it (though it's still good for distancing). It's the fact that he can go over terrain with it. You have to be smart with how/when you use it. There's places where you can Valk over a wall and whoever is chasing won't really be able to do anything about it. Presto, you're safe!

I've been in a bit of a Corki phase myself recently. He's definitely not up, at all. I would consider myself to be a pretty average player. Almost 170 games played now, and stay a bit above 50% win rate. Records from recent match list where I've used Corki (only first one was a practice):
21/7/23 (win, though it was a practice game)
19/5/12 (lost this one somehow!?!?!)
2/7/6 (we were utterly destroyed this game)
3/1/5 (win, other team surrendered asap)
1/3/7 (win, another fast surrender, I helped our Poppy get fed)
6/1/16 (win)

It's kinda funny though... I've heard a lot of this whole "I've never seen a good Corki" thing lately, and I don't really get it. That 19/5/12 game that we lost... one guy on our team said "No, anybody but Corki" as soon as I chose him, claiming that he'd never seen even a decent Corki. Somehow I don't really think that loss was my fault.

Ak47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

he is not a good carry but a smart champ to have on a team. corki is very reliant on having a team with him, he can't really pull any amazing solo merlini moves out like yi can.