When I see Corki, I see 300g with a hat in a gyrocopter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rollo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Only just playing him (wasn't there for first patch) I can honestly say if Valkyrie's range was still as high as it was, Corki would be unbe(#^$inglievable. Right now he's just good. Insane dps with gatting gun and a stealth finder is all you need to be amazing

Dark Spartan

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Only just playing him (wasn't there for first patch) I can honestly say if Valkyrie's range was still as high as it was, Corki would be unbe(#^$inglievable. Right now he's just good. Insane dps with gatting gun and a stealth finder is all you need to be amazing
Valkyrie was an insane move. You could surge in from a range no one would expect, or escape to beyond your enemies' reach. It made me a little sad when it got nerfed. :P

I find it odd. Beyond the times on rotation where he's available, I almost never see him. Sure, it's primarily because he costs 6300 IP, but if that's the case, why do I see more Twitches, Blitzcranks, and Karthuses than I see Corkis? Is he that much harder to play than Twitch or Blitzcrank, or is it just my many hours as Corki biasing me?

Vancouver Amumu

01-17-2010

I guess my perception is wrong then.

I main Kat, so when I encounter Corki, I just shred him into pieces. But Corki probably does the same to other champions.

Kazzier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

I play Eve and corki is actually a real threat if played well. (Most people who play him arnt too good honestly)

But if there is a good player behind him he really can be alot of trouble, very good at using tactics can destroy my stealth easy so hard to get to him. If he has a good team mate too thats when he becomes a much harder opposition.

I dont think his is underpowered, but rather most of the people playing him are doing something wrong. I have faced one or two corkies that really are great !

Lost Visage

01-17-2010

I agree with Sywin, Corki simply isn't worth buying in my opinion, especially when he's priced at 6300 IPs. A few things that I think would improve him are as follows:

1) A buffed "Big one" (referring to his ultimate) that explodes at the end of it's range, and launches the target that it hits Airborne.

2) A larger DPS on his main cannon, either he's DPS, or he's not, his passive is great, but he can only get to just above 200 DPS on a regular basis. I've seen Yi's and Ashe's with a much higher DPS, so his passive is rather useless in the grand scheme of thigns.

3) Improved Gattling gun that does more damage, or fires more rapidly. Otherwise, I've always found it to be more worth it to max out everything else before I even touch Gattling gun.

4) Improved range to Phosphorus Bomb so that he doesn't need to get close to enemies to use it.

I'm not suggesting that all of these get used, in fact, I've only played Corki a few times myself, so please don't get angry with me if I suggested something outragous. All I'm saying is that at his price, he should probably have slightly better abilities. Blitzkrank, Twitch, and Anivia all have something that makes them special. Corki's best is that his phosphorus bomb can reveal stealth, and, while it's useful, it isn't as special as Spray and Pray, Rocket Grab, or Anivia's Reborn.

JunkRamen

01-17-2010

Sorry Lost Visage any of those changes alone would be ridiculous on Corki. He definitely doesn't need an AoE stun with huge range, more AoE damage, or even stronger harass with higher PBomb range. The point of buffing is to improve a bad champion, not to create another Twitch...

Kazzier

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Sorry Lost Visage any of those changes alone would be ridiculous on Corki. He definitely doesn't need an AoE stun with huge range, more AoE damage, or even stronger harass with higher PBomb range. The point of buffing is to improve a bad champion, not to create another Twitch...
Agreed,

I think if anything wanted to be changed about him it would simply be amount of health / armor / damage - Something stat bassed.

edino

01-17-2010

gotta be trolling me

/facepalm

number1jungle

01-17-2010

Corki isnt useless. He helps the team when fed or under skilled hands(like all champs), but there are simply better options for carries.

Damage wise he is item dependent like most carries. His damage is about average vs other carries.

He does okay AOE damage and farms well. Tho he is out of mana more often then others.

His main problem is that he has no built in stun/slows like tris or ashe etc etc. which makes him a second rate ganker.

What balanced him out before was his valk range which gives him the element of surprise and a great escape tool. After valk nerfed hard last patch he is now subpar imo. In fact tris's jump has longer range now plus her jump does spot damage as well as slow.

Tris does more single target DPS, better escape and gank/slow, and much longer range and can decrease enemy heals when ganking.

Ashe has stun(ult), slow, and does about the same damage as corki.

IMO ashe/tris is simply better carries atm thus why you dont see many folks buying/playing corki.

Lost Visage

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazzier View Post
Agreed,

I think if anything wanted to be changed about him it would simply be amount of health / armor / damage - Something stat bassed.

I'm all up for a stat increase, armor doesn't make much sense, but, since he's in a flying machine, it would make some sense, based on his design and not his stats, to give him a speed or damage increase of some sort.