Twisted Fate: The Burst Master

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carvill

01-29-2011

So, Twisted Fate was the first Champion I bought. I though he was Ballin'. Of course, I had no idea how to play him, so he was retired quickly and forgotten about. Until I decided to look up some guides and saw some AP Burst ways to play TF. After playing around with some of these builds, I figured "why not just become as Glass-Cannon like as I can if I'm going to get focused anyways?" So here's my build.
Masteries: I use a 9/0/21 build for this champ.

Summoner Spells: I use teleport in conjunction with my ultimate to become as mobile as I can, and I couple that with flash for moving through walls in case I find myself out numbered, and somehow still alive, or for proccing a yellow/red card and flashing forward)

Abilities: I always request mid, unless there is a Vladimir, or someone who really depends on being put mid, and start out with a point in PaC (Pick a Card). Immediately, start harassing with blue card. After that, one in Stacked Deck, and after that one in Wild Cards. From there on in, I alternate between points in WC and PaC, and of course my ultimate.

Item Build: The Item build is simple... Rush Lich Bane.
I always start off with a Sapphire Crystal (the blue one) and work up to Sheen, and ultimately Lich Bane. From there, Sorcerer's Boots for the sexy Magic Pen., and here's where it gets fun: Rabadon's Deathcaps. Since they have the highest AP available on a Single Item I stack these for most of my other slots. Of course, after the first, you can substitute other things in - like a Void Staff if they appear to be stacking magic resist, or a Rylaj's Crystal Scepter (I believe that's what it's called) for the slow if they run and you can't catch up. (or, flash and red/yellow card).
Play Style:
Any Non tank will be ripped apart. By your throwing cards. Open up with a yellow card and auto attack to proc and use up your Lich Bane charge. Wait 2 seconds (count them out loud if you must) and throw out Wild Cards. This is imperative, as both spells will activate Lich Bane, but not if used within those two seconds of each other. If they're not dead yet, Pick A Card should be coming off of cooldown - just tap it twice and throw whatever comes up.
Yes, you are a glass cannon, a TOTAL glass cannon - but people will never get to see the glass half of that truth, as seeing 1/2 -3/4 of your health disappear will most likely compel somebody to run. If you want to irritate people even further, build a Guardian Angel after your first Hat - I'd love to see a squishy try to survive two rounds with me.

Summary: Don't know if anyone else has posted this here before, but with my success with this build, I thought I'd help other people with it. As for my scores, depending on my success in mid, I see anywhere from 13-25 kills, and 3-6 deaths.
It's a really fun build to play (other people raging at you makes it even better, in my honest, humble opinion) and after learning the basics of it, pretty easy to master.
Enjoy,
Carvill

Argothman

01-29-2011

Wow, that's exactly how I play AP TF! I don't stack Deathcap though.

Do you have any thoughts on other version of tf such as attack speed and AD?

Carvill

01-29-2011

I tried attack speed TF... It just feels weird... It's wonderful for pushing turrets, but it's not as burst-like. Besides, when you get up to 2.5 attack speed, TF looks stupid throwing cards =D. Its a viable way to play... This just suits me better, and if I'm getting focused, I probably won't be able to auto attack and stand still, whereas with AP TF i can just toss my cards run/flash out, come back in, rinse/repeat.

Argothman

01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carvill View Post
I tried attack speed TF... It just feels weird... It's wonderful for pushing turrets, but it's not as burst-like. Besides, when you get up to 2.5 attack speed, TF looks stupid throwing cards =D. Its a viable way to play... This just suits me better, and if I'm getting focused, I probably won't be able to auto attack and stand still, whereas with AP TF i can just toss my cards run/flash out, come back in, rinse/repeat.
That's the reason Im hesitant to try AD/ASPD TF, he has incredible short range.

Yellow Jester

01-29-2011

Rush lich bane yay

Pay money to deal less damage? Sign me up.

Mambazo

01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argothman View Post
That's the reason Im hesitant to try AD/ASPD TF, he has incredible short range.
He plays like ryze in my opinion, he's not very mobile and has short range built that way, but if they get too close, you pounce on them and pour out oodles of damage. I used to play TF a lot and i did magic damage/aspd (malady, nashors tooth, sword of divine) and I did very high dps.

Clyton

01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambazo View Post
He plays like ryze in my opinion, he's not very mobile and has short range built that way, but if they get too close, you pounce on them and pour out oodles of damage. I used to play TF a lot and i did magic damage/aspd (malady, nashors tooth, sword of divine) and I did very high dps.
Glad to know someone is also doing AP/AS. I did that build to and I preferred that as my main TF build compared to the others.

Onyx of Darkness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2011

I always play AD/ATK SP TF, sometimes i might go a little into the Hybrid side of things, but my core items are Nashor's Tooth and Madred's Bloodrazor. From there, I am free to pick and choose depending on the makeup of the other team, Wit's End if there are lots of casters, Infinities Edge for the extra Ummph, Sword of the Devine and Frozen Mallet if I need on hit Procs. I kite early on with Wild Cards, normally keeping a safe distance from the enemy champ, and farming up well. The build works really well as a ganker from Mid, but I have also had heaps of success laning with Shen or Pantheon.

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2011

I played TF a decent bit but he's never really been bursty no matter my build unless I have high AD and crit and am smashing a squishys face in.

OptimusPrimate

01-30-2011

The build itself is ok, but I would rush a deathcap and then go for lich bane, or maybe rush a roa for more survivability/mana. Lichbane shouldn't be rushed imo though.