Anyone Remember Leviathan?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightShadeDim

4 Weeks Ago

The Item Leviathan was removed from the game quite a while ago because it was kinda useless, but i thin it'd be nice if we got it back, or some other incarnation of it, if only so that tanks have a stacking item for themselves like AP and AD carries have Mejai's and Sword of the Occult. I used to build it a lot really successfully and I kinda miss it. Maybe it could be reintroduced as stacking resists rather than HP...

Thoughts, anyone?

Mia Hanoka

4 Weeks Ago

It was not useless it was to strong on a certain MUNDO champ. in fact it was so strong MUNDO! that riot had to find a way to MUNDO! inorder to make others able to count play MUNDO! and beable to MUNDO! inany game that MUNDO! was not ban MUNDO!

67chrome

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShadeDim View Post
Thoughts, anyone?
I'd rather see the current snowball items removed.

They're pretty useless in a close game, mostly they only let "that guy" be even more obnoxious in a Co-op vs. AI game.

NightShadeDim

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
They're pretty useless in a close game, mostly they only let "that guy" be even more obnoxious in a Co-op vs. AI game.
well, rofling around in co-op vs AI games isn't gonna stop just cause the actual snowball items.. half-decent players snowball anyway

Mia Hanoka

4 Weeks Ago

and no one remembers how broken the mundo was with the 35% damage reduction 20 stacks gave him. Now picture that with zac and most any other tanky champ that can get kills and hold stacks effortlessly.

tiney800

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia Hanoka View Post
and no one remembers how broken the mundo was with the 35% damage reduction 20 stacks gave him. Now picture that with zac and most any other tanky champ that can get kills and hold stacks effortlessly.
Mundo remembers

67chrome

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia Hanoka View Post
Now picture that with zac and most any other tanky champ that can get kills and hold stacks effortlessly.
They can still get tanky items, get kills, and not die. It's not like Leviathan's the only defensive item that helps tanky derps be tanky and dish out DPS, things like Sunfire Cape exist. A solid ~40% of the fighters in LoL have solid kill potential without the need to itemize for damage in their core build.

Leviathan had horrendous cost efficiency as well, you need ~10 stacks to break even with base component prices. When you factor in more expensive items get more free goodies, it was pretty hard to break Leviathan - and you basically deserved the %damage reduction if you managed to do that well.

All the snowball items are just badly designed, which is why Leviathan got removed.

Mia Hanoka

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
They can still get tanky items, get kills, and not die. It's not like Leviathan's the only defensive item that helps tanky derps be tanky and dish out DPS, things like Sunfire Cape exist. A solid ~40% of the fighters in LoL have solid kill potential without the need to itemize for damage in their core build.

Leviathan had horrendous cost efficiency as well, you need ~10 stacks to break even with base component prices. When you factor in more expensive items get more free goodies, it was pretty hard to break Leviathan - and you basically deserved the %damage reduction if you managed to do that well.

All the snowball items are just badly designed, which is why Leviathan got removed.
35% damage reduction then pick up your warmog and siprit visage which on tank gets you with in range of 59% damage reduction versus AP alone which translates to 94% damage reduction. then you get a thronmail and get roughly 64% damage reduction versus AD 99% damage reduction. yeah broken for sure.

Let alone the fact that Mundo could easily get 20 stacks as long as the player was not a total moron.

I remember all this I also remember how easy mundo could get it stacked and in addition how little damage I could do to mundo due to this item. when I had AD that ranged in 340 with a crit of 75% and 250% crit damage and even on a LARGE crit I ended up killing my self before mundo even had to pop his ulti. in fact mundo could spam all his skills and still not be able to kill himself or get himself killed as long as he was aware of his HP.

ComatosePhoenix

4 Weeks Ago

the problem with the item wasn't that it broke tanks, but that it broke Carries, this and GA would be enough defenses to make the carry as tanky as the tank which is game breaking.
the other snowball items take your kills and make you better at killing,
this was the only one that took kills to make you harder to kill.

The5lacker

4 Weeks Ago

As a wise man once said: "What is Leviathan's Weakness? Dying! What does Leviathan prevent? Dying!"