Trick2g Madstone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GOATgoinHAM

05-13-2014

Is it worth buying Maedreds and spirit stone?

JellyJiggler94

05-13-2014

I yelled at my friend for that yesterday. Is that where he got it from?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2014

Bad idea since you can only have one gold-generating item, and both Madred's and Spirit Stone build into gold items.

NoMonku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2014

I saw people do it early on when s4 was out, but imo it's a waste of gold. All you do when you buy them both is just gain sustain vs jungle creeps, which is pretty pointless since you should be able to do it without dying with just one of them anyways.

Sleepey

05-17-2014

Its not bad, I've seen some do it when I was playing some soloque. The whole idea is that both unique passive ARENT the same so you get both the healing from attacking camps so you never need to leave the jungle. If you are farming effectively then you can get feral, if you arent doing as well but you are ganking decently you can go tankier instead or just go a spirit item. This way you wont be stuck getting a wriggles and being really squishy because you went madred and you cant get feral around 15-18 mins. You have to be really good at pathing in the jungle though, use your time effectively.

If you get wriggles because you are farming well then you will have the spirit stone for the constant hp and mana regen which helps alot, which is also really strong.. I've seen players get dragon right when it spawn with those 2 its with just the support help.

And if you arent do so hot with your farming then you can be tanky and help your team with Spirit Lizard or Golem. And you will still have that madred for sustain in the jungle and do ALOT more damage to jungle camps then you would with just a spirit item.

Note to yourself that wriggles stacks to feral starts the moment you buy Hunter's Machete

Klinestife

05-17-2014

the guys above are way too quick to dismiss it.

hes actually explained his reasoning pretty well behind getting madred/spirit stone while only upgrading one of them.

getting spirit stone + madreds lets you stay in the jungle pretty much indefinitely. if you only get madreds, your mana suffers, and if you only get spirit stone, your clear time suffers. getting both gives you sustain in both regards, and with good pathing, you can get your flare 11-15 minutes, something he's done regularly on stream.

kwikluck

05-17-2014

I can see the value in it. I might have to try it. BUT, it does seem like a waste of about 300 gold and an item slot you might need later.

Klinestife

05-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikluck View Post
I can see the value in it. I might have to try it. BUT, it does seem like a waste of about 300 gold and an item slot you might need later.
in theory, the power farming you do with a madreds will easily make up for the 700 ss cost and then some

kwikluck

05-17-2014

The farming was nice. But lost some other uses like gank potential and finishing FF so that I could still ganks and get stacks on FF.
The trade off is great ... if you plan on staying in jungle longer. though. If you did gank. you didn't have to B to get the health back before continuing to jungle.

Squeakerpants

05-30-2014

I tried it, and it's very strong. If you're going to build feral and afk farm the jungle, you might as well do it quickly as possible. I built it on Vi, and was able to spam spells on every camp without recalling. 50 stack feral flare, doing so much damage that I could go full tank otherwise.