Crit chance marks and quints on Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Skilled Noob

01-29-2011

Well I recently finished my rune page for Jax not sure if it's correct.
Should I use my ArP runes on Jax or my crit chance runes?
On Jax I always get an infinity edge + triforce + green potion end of game.
So I thought that since I get an infinity edge if I use my ArP runes, I won't benifit nearly as much from IE passive. Don't say that you need lots more crit to benifit from IE. with the crit runes I can get to around 65 percent crit chance. But I also get alot of magic dmg items and Jax's abilities do magic damage. So should I stick with the crit chance or use ArP?

and when I make a crit with the crit runes I get plus 50 percent crit dmg from IE.
and if I use the ArP runes I don't make a crit but get +25 ArP

%50 crit dmg > 25 ArP?

The Skilled Noob

01-30-2011

bump back to first page >.>

patchero

01-31-2011

lol newb

Carados

01-31-2011

Uhh my suggestion is actually Magic Pen because currently AP Jax does the most damage, scales up quicker, is the most survivable choice and has more utility. But still, if for some reason you're going AD, grab Armor Pen.

Greyart

01-31-2011

Have you considered AS marks and quints?

by having AS quints and marks Jax will build into his stacks faster
Jax will not need as much AS and can focus on items with AD and AP for bonus health
Jax also deals most of his magic damage from his ult passive which will go off every third attack
-meaing more AS = more Ults = More magic damage since its damage is mostly flat anyway
AS is more a slight hybrid Jax build though I like it

because it feeds into both damage types and allows Jax to benifit from his passive more without attacking too slowly

Greyart

01-31-2011

also trifource and infinity edge are very expensive
I would avoid relying on an item set that totals above 10k or 8k because thats when most games will end

most jax might go with ninja tabbi and guinsoos rage blade and HextechGunblade instead
much cheaper and deals more damage/has lifesteal/has spellvamp/ ranged slow/ only AS item jax needs/ more dodge = more counterstrike stun

keep in mind crit doesnt effect Jax AMAZING raitios for a melee character
crit also doesnt give him HP
crit Jax isnt suggested
phantom dancer died for Jax the moment they took dodge off of it
phantom dancer is really only an item to replace bezer greives with

Carados

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyart View Post
most jax might go with ninja tabbi and guinsoos rage blade and HextechGunblade instead
Gunblade isn't actually good on Jax, due to 3 of the stats being pretty wasted, and the active being pretty meh unless you're going AD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyart View Post
phantom dancer died for Jax the moment they took dodge off of it
You shouldn't have been building PD on Jax when it had dodge. That is one of the reasons they removed it, it was tricking new players.

Dyshein

01-31-2011

Love how you aren't giving any input and just bashing items without explaining why they are bad >.>.
My two cents: I usually go gunblade/hybrid jax and I typically find I end up doing about 60% more AP damage than AD in the stats page after the game, so I would stick with something like AS or Mpen since jax tends to deal more magic damage than physical thanks mostly to his ult.

Carados

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshein View Post
Love how you aren't giving any input and just bashing items without explaining why they are bad >.>.
I shouldn't ****ing have to explain it if you've played this game before.

And it's not " what I think," it's objectively bad!

Gunblade:

Spellvamp. Weak, even if AP.
Active: Low damage nuke on AP, weak on AD but you should have Lizard due to Jax needing sustained slow, not a single slow.
AD or AP: Only the one which is currently active in your build is only any use. Most of the damage from building a stat come from items like Lich Bane, Deathcap, Infinity Edge, or Last Whisper which make the actual numbers of your build more effective. This is the main failing of hybrid builds.
Lifesteal: Weak if AP, better sources if AD.

Also, there is no such thing as "AD damage" or "AP damage." There is "Physical damage" and "Magic damage."

Greyart

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
I shouldn't ****ing have to explain it if you've played this game before.

And it's not " what I think," it's objectively bad!

Gunblade:

Spellvamp. Weak, even if AP.
Active: Low damage nuke on AP, weak on AD but you should have Lizard due to Jax needing sustained slow, not a single slow.
AD or AP: Only the one which is currently active in your build is only any use. Most of the damage from building a stat come from items like Lich Bane, Deathcap, Infinity Edge, or Last Whisper which make the actual numbers of your build more effective. This is the main failing of hybrid builds.
Lifesteal: Weak if AP, better sources if AD.

Also, there is no such thing as "AD damage" or "AP damage." There is "Physical damage" and "Magic damage."
if he dont get it dont force it
because though trying to name the bad points he doesnt consider synergy
hence
spell vamp is bad he says
but really it just means every third hit and every 5 seconds when you hit for 3 different skills you dont get regen
also the gun blade has both
so now you just doubled your healing but no one wants that
ranged slows for characters that are melee with no stun that can be fired on command is bad as you can clearly tell Jax should be stealing redbuff from ranged characters because he can slow them if he cant catch them AKA jumpstriek doesnt proc redbuff so i guess he gets a rylis?
he also fails to mention the hp gain compared to other items with the gun blade
and how most of jax skills also have both "Phy""Ap" sources on the moves so an item that provides both is useless of course it would be better to get an Infinity edge and deatcap for about 5k more for that extra20 ad and alot of bonus ap once you get the deathcap but none till you do

the gunblade isnt the best item in the game for sure
but ill tell you what it is
alot more cost effective
it would probly be better to have a frozen mallet, infinity edge, deatcape, and bloodthirster
its just kind of silly to think you are going to have games that last 15k everytime or ever if you know how to end them quickly and dont stall for an extra 30 minutes

plus im pretty sure i was talking about crit items that would match with crit runes
so trolling me about a build on a rune discussion thread is ?interesting?