Poppys passive > all others

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zmurf

01-17-2010

First a quick recap of a random selection of other champs passive abilities...

Sion: Feel No Pain - has a 20% chance to ignore up to 30/40/50 damage each time he is attacked. The damage reduction is calculated before armor benefits are taken into account.

Ryze: Arcane Mastery - When Ryze casts a spell, all other spells have their cooldown reduced by 1 second.

Fiddle: Dread - Nearby enemy champions have their magic resistance reduced by 16.

Alistar: deals 20/40/60% additional damage to turrets.

and now Poppins.....

Poppy: Valiant Fighter - Any damage dealt to Poppy that exceeds 10% of her current health is reduced by 50%. This does not reduce damage from structures.

I cba to talk about her actual abilities but this imo is a bit too much. I get how some champs abilities (spell shields etc..) can negate burst but that's an actual ability that costs mana and timing.

With even a small amount of MR + her passive makes some burst magic champions almost useless against her. Where as all others die she can survive spell burst and high damage ultimates for free. I am sure the rest of the Veigar player base would agree with me but I think their both away on holiday skiing atm.

Should passives > champion ultimates? Taking q to the face whilst having all your returning damage soaked up by default is not fun!

other champs don't have passives that have this level of impact, is this working as intended?

End of demo....

Huntercat

01-17-2010

I do think you are right, When she first came out i as like : "Wait 10% aint that much damage right? if shed have 2500-3000 hp endgame then people who do over 250-300 damage with abilities and attacks(most do, dont they?(endgame)) then she could just shrug it off. My dumb corrections for this: 1.make it 30% reduction 2.make it only occur when she is dealed alot of damage IN A SHORT TIME like she gets dealed 200 and more 200 damage then the third one would be 50% smaller 3.have a time limit on it: im not really sure how that would work..etc the effect could only occur every 30 seconds or 2 mintues(?)

Grake

01-17-2010

Agree'd. I use nidalee, and i thought her passive was a little cheap. (25% movement boost for 2.5 seconds when you enter shrubs, i believe), but then i saw poppy's.

Best Janna NA

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmurf View Post
First a quick recap of a random selection of other champs passive abilities...

Sion: Feel No Pain - has a 20% chance to ignore up to 30/40/50 damage each time he is attacked. The damage reduction is calculated before armor benefits are taken into account.

Ryze: Arcane Mastery - When Ryze casts a spell, all other spells have their cooldown reduced by 1 second.

Fiddle: Dread - Nearby enemy champions have their magic resistance reduced by 16.

Alistar: deals 20/40/60% additional damage to turrets.

and now Poppins.....

Poppy: Valiant Fighter - Any damage dealt to Poppy that exceeds 10% of her current health is reduced by 50%. This does not reduce damage from structures.

I cba to talk about her actual abilities but this imo is a bit too much. I get how some champs abilities (spell shields etc..) can negate burst but that's an actual ability that costs mana and timing.

With even a small amount of MR + her passive makes some burst magic champions almost useless against her. Where as all others die she can survive spell burst and high damage ultimates for free. I am sure the rest of the Veigar player base would agree with me but I think their both away on holiday skiing atm.

Should passives > champion ultimates? Taking q to the face whilst having all your returning damage soaked up by default is not fun!

other champs don't have passives that have this level of impact, is this working as intended?

End of demo....
You forgot about blitzcranks passive...

SumTinWong

01-17-2010

i stopped playing veigar when poppy was released

Vancouver Amumu

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTinWong View Post
i stopped playing veigar when poppy was released
Same applies to Annie, Nunu, any potential caster with burst damage. it's a sad day.

But with Veigar you can still kill 80% of their team, rather than 100%... it's not as fun but it's still OK.

That being said, her passive should be 10% of her TOTAL LIFE, not remaining life. That would solve most of the problems people have been experiencing with her.

Pavlo

01-17-2010

Poppy's passive is like Alistars ultimate, except for 75%, she makes Alistar look like a calf when she's around.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sywin View Post
Same applies to Annie, Nunu, any potential caster with burst damage. it's a sad day.

But with Veigar you can still kill 80% of their team, rather than 100%... it's not as fun but it's still OK.

That being said, her passive should be 10% of her TOTAL LIFE, not remaining life. That would solve most of the problems people have been experiencing with her.
Holy **** it's remaining life? God ****.

Zouave321

01-17-2010

poppy with leach item is insane, at high hp, it's possible to reduce her hp, but when she's low hp she become invincible and take only 50% damage, and she stay at low hp with life steal.

Dauf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Yep effectively that means her current amount of HP will dictate just how much she can be hit for (10% of current). Who the hell designed this hero's passive? I think this "passive ability" should actually be a spell she has to cast in order to benefit from its effects. Perhaps Paragon of Demacia (W ability now) should be her passive (you know the one where if she is attacked or attacks she gets stacking armor and attack power). As it stands right now this is the most overpowered passive in the game.