Dissapointing Voice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Travster

08-06-2009

Hello,

I've been playing DotA for years now, and I absolutely love it!

So, naturally, when I heard about League of Legends, I salivated like a hungry dog.

I played LoL Beta for the first time last night, and I was very impressed.

But there are some things about the game that, in my mind, don't live up to the epicness of DotA. And the first thing that I noted was the complete and total lameness of the voice for kills in LoL.

I especially can't stand when the weak voice says "owned" every time somone dies (even if it's not a double kill).

Now what's a badass voice? All of the sounds from DotA are amazing, and when compared to the weak voice in LoL, it's embarrasing.

I know it sounds knit-picky, but there's something about acheiving an ultra kill (and espeically a monster kill) in DotA that just gives me goosebumps.

Don't believe me? Check out this short Youtube video of a player achieving an ultra kill in DotA, and try and tell me the voice doesn't sound 10 times cooler than the voice in LoL.

I beg of you folks on the LoL development team to consider getting a different voice for LoL (or using the same voices from DotA--yes they're that good!).

Furthermore, I would insist consideration of not having the voice make a sound every single time a player is slain (it gets excessive, really excessive).

Emrot

08-06-2009

I personally find UT announcer sounds annoying -- I mean, he's fine in UT, but reusing him everywhere is tiresome -- so I'm glad LoL's are a bit different.

Andrewsm

08-06-2009

TAUREN CHIEFTAN FTW but yes, it gets very annoying. im sure with all the other threads saying the same theyll change it

Friend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-07-2009

The announcer voice is scheduled for a complete revamp, happily.

Travster

08-07-2009

Awesome! Good to hear!!

*crosses fingers and hopes LoL staff will reuse DotA voice*

Rev

Adjudicator

08-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travster View Post
*crosses fingers and hopes LoL staff will reuse DotA voice*
I sincerely doubt they will.
And that makes me happy.
It's time for something new, which is why we're here in the first place.

WΎR ؃ LL

08-07-2009

I don't want to hear some announcer from UT or another old game, if its gonna change, it should be original work.

Remember this is a retail game now, not a mod like DOTA was.

I hate the voice in HON, sounds like a fighting game such as Killer Instinct, really hope this game doesn't change the voice to be like that.

It could use improvement, but I want originality since this is n original game now.

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I sincerely doubt they will.
And that makes me happy.
It's time for something new, which is why we're here in the first place.
+1

Manwell

08-12-2009

i wouldnt mind for a new voice just as long as its not so dull like this guy and he dosn't say the same thing eveyrtime somwon dies. They should use the same things in dota like double kill, triple kill etc but a different voice or somthing. just not ownd ownd ownd ownd ownd.

Derceto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2009

We need a sexy female announcer like the sexy announcer from UT 2004! best announcer ever! it was such great encouragement to get kills!