Not much Fate left in Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khelekar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Simple suggestion on how to make Twisted Fate more of a balanced hero. Ive noticed a lot of people complaining on how unbalanced and OP he has gotten with the changes and I believe it is true.

The changes made to fate over the course of the game have really taken anything close to Fate out of Twisted Fate. Mainly his Pick a Card skill use to be fairly balanced with a slot machine type action where the cards continuously changed over the heroes head until you attack which made it really a thing of timing or luck with the cards. Now with the change, you can just lock gold cards all day. That on top on being able to keep that card locked while teleporting to insta-stun someone halfway across the map has really made the hero a little unbalanced.

I think to be able to balance this hero and make a lot of players happy would be to atleast make it so you cant port with a card locked, but overall I do believe the slot machine cards that cant be locked and is picked when auto attacking really worked well for this hero and made Twisted Fate really live up to the name.

gliy

01-16-2010

Wasnt PaC like that before, and was insanely hard to master?

Herald of Darkness

01-16-2010

never saw the old PaC but I think it would be better to bring it back but adjust the speed at which the cards change

Nezbot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Possibly, but I think the whole card system needs to be revamped ultimately, today in a game, regardless of so-called, fate, a TF player hit gold card 7 times in a row. He pretty much stunned all 5 players in a 5v5 brawl and needless to say that cost the game.

The distinct whiplash sound of the gold card is hard to miss.

So some suggestions are,

a)internal cooldown on goldcards (18 seconds or so), seeing as its the most useful, albeit overpowered, card compared to the others,

b)have a longer cooldown on PaC, this way even if its 5 golds in a row, at least it wont be split second draws.

c)Seeing as TF is a 'tier2 hero' or '1350pt' hero, perhaps either boost up the cost to 6300 or 3150 due to TF's absurd functionality.

d)devise a similar system to Corki's ultimate wherein gold cards stack up once every so-and-so seconds up to a maximum of however-many.

The whole description about 'needing lots of items' is pretty non-sensical, a TF with a Sheen is enough to kill most, if not all players early/mid game. (ref. Udyr)

The idea of unlocking cards after a teleport is pretty decent but most if not all TF players will complain to kingdom come.

gliy

01-17-2010

Nez you sadden me... "He pretty much stunned all 5 players in a 5v5 brawl and needless to say that cost the game."
Well the cd is 5 seconds(no reduc), plus making sure you get the gold card ~1-2 seconds. So lets call it a total of 4 seconds in between golds. Now its math time 5 * 4 = 20. So your teamfights are lasting 20 seconds long? that rarely happens for me

1. 18 seconds in INSANE. Considering how bad the other cards are this would gimp TF, and make the PaC ability awkard... "Ok guys maybe my 18 seconds are up! ill try to lock a gold but if the time isnt up ill get a blue!"

2.Ya thats resonable, I think the cooldown is a little short

3.so your saying good characters cost more ip then bad ones? Intresting logic.. so why is nunu insanely cheap while janna is 1.3k
why was heimer 3k when he was the worst, and ashe was very cheap?

d.So lets wipe out one of the major reasons to bring TF on your team, and replace it with an ult based around a normal skill? I see this going downhill, and your proposed "change" would also allow TF to gold card 6 people in the span of 5 seconds? So it could be a super op ability, or a TF killer.

A TF with sheen cannot kill all players mid early game, this is an utter lie. You can see this because TF goes to a lane, with 2 other lane partners to get the kill. If you ever see a TF port solo into an enemy when he isnt fed, then I think the TF might be dumb

Nezbot

01-17-2010

Sorry I didn't point out, but the first statement regarding the 5 stuns, even though I can't see it, hearing 6-7 'slaps' in like 4-5 seconds (I swear on this, PASHPASHPASHPASHPASH like some machinegun) can't deny the statement I made. So it wasn't a 20 second fight, much lesser than that and yes the TF probably is stacking cooldown runes, but like one TF told me, "Every TF worth his salt stacks CD runes."

a)18 seconds is just an example, could be 6/12/255, but at this point its all just stipulative, and only applies when you use the gold card, not when you pick it.

c)well the point thing I'm baffled as well, for one you have the so called 'n00b' hero Yi, which costs very low, then you have, like you mentioned, Heimer at a whopping 3150. Then you have the incredibly powerful Twitch but at a ground shattering 6.3k points, so if you really want to play it I guess it's worth spending.

d)I also failed to mention that if Corki's system would be in place it would also follow some cooldown based system. Of course not 100% like Corki's like you said, 6 gold cards stun in a row, maybe make it 2-3, just like the amount of Joker cards in a standard playing cards deck. So it plays on that idea.

The Sheen thing admittedly it requires the help of another, but yeah, TFs who are fed early tend to continue feeding with just Sheen, but that's a separate matter.

gliy

01-17-2010

Then it was prob Blue cards not gold cards. Cd reduc caps at 40%. 5 * .6 = 3 second cooldown. This is triggered after you throw the card + you gotta cound locking

a. If you want gold card to have an internal cd then it will need to cool down counters, 1 for PaC, and 1 for gold card. I fail to seee a smooth execution of this, also this would limit what TF brings to a teamfight

c. yi is not a 'n00b' hero, he works very well at my elo, because they just bring a kayle. But i will give you more price ideas
1.Trist--1350 ip: considered the best ranged carry right now
2.Soraka - 450 ip: Very nice heals(yes EC hurts i know), silence, aoe mr reduction
3.Annie--1350 ip: Top tier hero, wins teamfights , amazing early game
4.Jax--3150 ip: Not a good hero D: , nerfed a lot
5.Warwick--3150 ip: Stuns himself, sucks in teamfights
6.Rammus--3150 ip:Just took a nerf to an already sub par tank, bad starting stats
7.Janna--1350 ip: need i say anything?

d. Although your idea completly destroys the synergy between destiny and gate, aswell as removes TF's map control.

Nezbot

01-17-2010

Hmm, well possibly, though I've never heard the whiplash sound from a blue card before, so currently unsure.

a) Yeah the programming aspect did occur to me, itll be a real mess to make it work.

c)lol, don't quote it from me, it seems to be the general opinion that he's a 'n00b' hero

d)Yeah it does, but that's the whole point of this section of the forum, to discuss some possible changes or comments that maybe RIOT can pick up. Problem with his map control is that its currently too good, for a simple fix I guess you could opt to remove the slow effect, or remove the 2x speed of gate, maybe even limit the range of Gate to 3000 yards or something (dunno how the distance ratio is like in LoL). Especially with a Gold card, which goes back to the original post about not being able to lock cards pre-Gate and still use them post-Gate.