[Guide] Jungle Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takomancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

if you can't kill golem at lvl 1 you are doing something wrong. if you have read my item build at start, you should be able to kill it no problem. smite it spam turtle stance and eat one potion. Easy. Then you go to lizard drop down rally and spam turtle stance again and smite (smite shhould be up by the time you do lizard)

* if anyone needs help on this, i'll post a video doing this. actually i'm uploading the video right now cheers

Takomancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

since the nerf on test realm, i've tested out a new build. I would get a madred's bloodrazor early game to compensate for phoenix stance's nerf and added malady for health + attack speed because of udyr's attack speed nerf.

Also, the jungling still works

Hobonator

02-03-2010

I've played jungle udyr for the past 50 or so of my games, it's very simple.

I am level 30 21/0/9 (for more xp and longer neutral buffs) and i start with phoenix form, a dagger and a health pot. I use smite and ghost, i kill golem no problem and continue killing small creeps until i have 500g for berserkers boots, go back to town, lizard, enemy golem and it's all downhill from there.

I'm confused why you would get turtle first when the amount of damage it saves you is less than the damage saved by killing golem faster with phoenix form.

I have about 25% attack speed from runes and 6% dodge but i do it fine with no dodges and no attack speed runes

sainthero

02-04-2010

Sheen> merc treads > malady > tri force > recurve bow > madred's bloodrazor. Sheen and vampric scepter makes jungling fast and easy. Also get phoenix first and 1 point in turtle next then max bear and phoenix for ganking. Masteries 9/21/0 and tank runes. Good enough to be a tank but still same chuck norris roundhouse carry on late game.

Takomancer

02-05-2010

does phoenix at lvl 1 get you golem and lizard? i've never tried it so i don't know

and malady is generally considered a bad bad yucky item

plus, the time you get sheen, you shouldn't be jungling, you should be out there ganking and destroying towers. Jungling is only effective in early laning stage

Takomancer

02-05-2010

the thing about my item/skill build is that it makes it really effective in jungling by snatching the golem + lizard in the start of the game. And getting dragon at lvl 4 lets your team in a huge advantage.
golem > lizard > jungle creeps in lizard area > enemy golem > dragon at lvl 4

Malady - udyr doesn't need huge speed buff since he has a built in speed buffs, and if you wanted a life steal, personally I would go for bloodthirster. It gives you 60+ atk bonus.

Triforce - instead of upgrading sheen from tri force why not get a frozen mallet instead? it costs about the same and if you are getting a last whisper, frozen mallet + sheen is more effective since you get a health advantage + decent amount of damage your enemies can't ignore.

Eruend

02-06-2010

Thing is though you can do all the same with Phoenix stance first, except faster. You can still do golem then skip straight to the lizzard. Just focus down the critters arround the golem before you take it down it's self.

Anyway, here's my jungling path which has yelded phenominal results in leveling speed starting with the golem nearest to your base.

After the golem dies, cross over and with pheonix, you can burn down the four ghosts in a flash, getting you to level three with plenty of mana/health to take on the lizard. If you used ghost to reach those four critters, you'll be at the lizard before your CD on smite is over.

Once lizard goes down, go get those last critters hanging around and run to the second golem. Kill it, kill the nearby critter then port back. Buy bloodrazor, run to the four critters that respawned, kill them then gun down the dragon. Circle around, kill the minor golems again, cross to the other side, kill everything, port back, buy boots, harass opposing team with surprise ganks or simply repeat the pattern.

Anyway, this path is one that I believe makes use of the most efficient route to get from one critter spawn point to the next to maximise exp gain. By the time I'm done with my round and start ganking, I'm level 8 1/2 while all other enemies are still 5 or 6ish save for mid that may be at the same level.

Trouble to the actual way I jungle though is that I'm pretty useless till level 6 or 7 considering that I only touch bear form after getting 3 levels in turtle and phoenix stances unless the situation forces me to grab bear sooner. Not to mention the lack of early boots. It's important to be able to judge when you'll actually be useful in a confrontation and when it's best not to interrupt your exp gain because you can be sure that the first reaction the enemy will have when they see you will be to run away, which they will easily do till you get the boots. It's not always an easy call.

Also, the whole reason I prefer trinity force over Frozen Mallet is the fact that it gives movement speed. The extra mana and attack speed alone make it a strong contender to the Frozen Mallet, but the speed boost tips it in Trinity's favor in my opinion since Udyr needs that chase speed. Mallet procs faster, but building Udyr to have even a bit of extra atack speed through runes in the first place will benefit both Phoenix stance and make the gap between the two item procs insignificant.