How to play Tryndamere?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WinterAyars

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dripskydrip View Post
Because I get feared, stunned, slowed, snared all the time.
Yeah, that's what happens.

You're Tryndamere. You run up and hopefully kill one person and then you die unless you luck out. That's the best you can realistically hope for. (So make sure that one person counts!)

2-3x avarice, infinity, whisper is standard operating procedure.

Throw in an Executioner's Calling if the other team has healing (Soraka, Mundo, Taric, whatever).

You can get Stark's too, if you want.

Cleanse is important, but after you get some damage you can also get Banshee's.

AmyOverlord

01-18-2010

I always run

Boots of Speed + 3 HP Pots (Upgrade to Beserker's Greaves)
x2 Avarice
Exec Calling
Phantom
Infinity
Phantom
Bloodthirster

o.o Works great for me. I have 98% crit by the time I grab my Cloak of Agility after my first Phantom is finished. (This is at 100% HP, no less)

I always get Exec because +15% crit chance and +18% lifesteal is very cheap for 1,350 gold. Tryndamere is a beast. :x

AmyOverlord

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeD View Post
Early game, you get your Spinning Slash first, and you get your bloodlust twice, than get your mocking taunt, than max out blood lust and spinning slash.
I agreed with the entire post..except for this part.

You ALWAYS want to go in this skill order

Undying Rage -> Blood Lust -> Mocking Shout -> Spinning Slash

Ult for given reasons. Blood Lust because it gives you back 10/20/30/40/50 HP per stack of Blood Lust. 8 stacks is easy to reach once you have some crit.

Mocking Shout because, at level 5, you reduce their movement speed by 62.5% (which is a ****load) and reduces their damage by 100. It's funny as **** watching people with 140 damage get their damage dropped to 40 in an instant and do no damage to you.

Spinning Slash is just ****, to be honest. The damage it does for the amount of health it costs is ****. I can do more damage using my right click powers then using Spinning Slash. The only usefulness that comes out of it are getting creeps that are low on health for farming. That, and the chasing capability.

KaaaBLAMO

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post
I agreed with the entire post..except for this part.

You ALWAYS want to go in this skill order

Undying Rage -> Blood Lust -> Mocking Shout -> Spinning Slash

Ult for given reasons. Blood Lust because it gives you back 10/20/30/40/50 HP per stack of Blood Lust. 8 stacks is easy to reach once you have some crit.

Mocking Shout because, at level 5, you reduce their movement speed by 62.5% (which is a ****load) and reduces their damage by 100. It's funny as **** watching people with 140 damage get their damage dropped to 40 in an instant and do no damage to you.

Spinning Slash is just ****, to be honest. The damage it does for the amount of health it costs is ****. I can do more damage using my right click powers then using Spinning Slash. The only usefulness that comes out of it are getting creeps that are low on health for farming. That, and the chasing capability.
I agree with getting Spinning Slash with the first point, but yeah, Bloodlust and Mocking Shout should both be maxed first IMO.

Ryikua

01-18-2010

1 i get greaves and 2 pots
2 then get av blade or Executioner's Calling depending on your gold and what the other team has
3 then get what ever you didnt last and maybe even another Av blade if you can
4 next you come at a crossroad bezerk if you are going for a lot of damage, merc if they have CC heavy, and lastly swiftness if you want to chase and be all around faster.
5 infinty edge i normally get crit item first on it
6 if it lasts that long get phantom dancer but you will have to trash a Av blade if you got 2

lastly if you are going for first blood and u or partner have exhaust get spinning blade, if no first blood go for blood lust.
lv 2 whatever you didnt get at lv 1
3 mocking shout

then max blood lust with ult ( ult is priority 1) then spinning then mocking

edino

01-18-2010

1 Brawlers glowes heath pot
2 upgrade to executioners calling ( Great item)
3 zeal x 2
4 boots of hitfaster :3
5 sword of occult
6 Infinitys edge
8 stack crit from now
9 ????
10 profit

gonna try stacking only executioners calling later for a total of 108% lifesteal and 100% crit or i can just replace 1 of them with a infinitys edge.