How to play Tryndamere?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dripskydrip

01-16-2010

Because I get feared, stunned, slowed, snared all the time. Cleanse does not help much, and Poppy's skill (Q or R, don't paying attention) goes *through* Tryndamere's ultimate. If you don't believe me, test it on practice.

More bugs on Poppy please.

Going back to my most annoying issue, how do you build him nowadays and how do you exactly survive?..

JunkRamen

01-16-2010

You pick someone else... Trynd sucks.

Purutzil

01-16-2010

Crit items are key. Averance Blade x2, Mercury Treads, Executioners Call, Infinity Edge all are extremely good to start with. after that it all depends. You might want to cut off having one of the blades if you feel the need to get a more defensive item in exchange depending on the team your versing.

iMumbleAlot

01-17-2010

Unfortunately for me I started playing trynd on my first day. I found he is way too squishy under level 6 and if you get stunned, well lets just say hes squishy at level 18 without warmogs and a bunch of armor and magic resist.

I have only recently been able to find some use in him by building a heavy tier 3 crit chance runebook. + 12.5% crit chance and +5% crit damage. and buy the crit items once in game. Works much better, still have to be extremely careful under level 6 and around stunnies.

Feynt

01-17-2010

Warmog's makes everything better. >D

It's a balance of attack speed, crit chance, and damage to be truly effective, with some defensive gear mixed in. I find the infinity edge is too expensive for the most part and just let it go until the last pick. Avarice blades are a good idea, two or three gold generating items gives you a lot of income. A philosopher stone early is a good choice too for lane persistance though the mana regen kind of goes to waste.

Executioner's call is good for the crit and life leech, but I think Stark's fervor wins out for higher life leech and attack speed, and the armour reduction aura is nice early game, but kind of fails later unless you can stack it up with other effects (Corki's machinegun plus the black cleaver for instance).

Always boots of swiftness. Always.

Guinsoo's Rageblade is a nice one because it gives you everything you need except crits, and the AP gives you extra health from Bloodlust (x1.5 AP, so 140 extra health if you've hit someone/thing 8 times). Since I suggested Warmog's right off, Atma's impaler is also a nice weapon. to pick up.

On the defense side, Warmog's and Force of Nature work well alone or together, and with the boots of swiftness you've got a nice boost to speed from FoN.

smokeD

01-17-2010

Ok most of those builds are ******ed that i've just read and Tryndamere beats out most carries. Master Yi he rapes, Shaco he rapes. You get at first a Brawler's Glove and 2x HP Pot. You build an 2x Avarice blades, a zeal, than an exec. calling. You than get a BF Sword, then a cloak of agility than you build your inf edge, and you are pretty much unstoppable.

Tryndamere's character depends solely on crits anyone who does not go crit is mentally ******ed. Tryndamere is not squishy he has 2.2 base hp at level 18 which is more than any other carry. Except if you consider nasus a carry, which I think their both 2.2?

Early game, you get your Spinning Slash first, and you get your bloodlust twice, than get your mocking taunt, than max out blood lust and spinning slash. He is very easy to harass with as long as you get crits, I have a 27% crit chance early game do to runes and brawlers glove.

You do not ever want Boots of Swiftness since you will have a Zeal, + your spinning slash. You are going to either want Berserker greave's for more attack speed, or Mercury's Treads if they seem to have a lot of slow and stun. If you are failing to get your ult off do to stuns and disables, cleanse is one of the best skills for trynd. The other should be either rally, ignite, or Teleport if you find that it is hard for you to get to your lane.

Feynt

01-17-2010

Respectfully, I've never had a problem with attack speed while chasing, but I consistently have problems catching enemies. I'd rather have the boots of swiftness to catch up to a moving opponent (yes I do have my skills to catch up and slow them, BUT...).

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeD View Post
Ok most of those builds are ******ed that i've just read and Tryndamere beats out most carries. Master Yi he rapes, Shaco he rapes. You get at first a Brawler's Glove and 2x HP Pot. You build an 2x Avarice blades, a zeal, than an exec. calling. You than get a BF Sword, then a cloak of agility than you build your inf edge, and you are pretty much unstoppable.

Tryndamere's character depends solely on crits anyone who does not go crit is mentally ******ed. Tryndamere is not squishy he has 2.2 base hp at level 18 which is more than any other carry. Except if you consider nasus a carry, which I think their both 2.2?

Early game, you get your Spinning Slash first, and you get your bloodlust twice, than get your mocking taunt, than max out blood lust and spinning slash. He is very easy to harass with as long as you get crits, I have a 27% crit chance early game do to runes and brawlers glove.

You do not ever want Boots of Swiftness since you will have a Zeal, + your spinning slash. You are going to either want Berserker greave's for more attack speed, or Mercury's Treads if they seem to have a lot of slow and stun. If you are failing to get your ult off do to stuns and disables, cleanse is one of the best skills for trynd. The other should be either rally, ignite, or Teleport if you find that it is hard for you to get to your lane.

The most effective tryndameres I have played with/against follow a build similar to this. They also spend about the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the game farming, playing very defensively and using cooldowns to get away from situations rather than to get into them until they are all or mostly farmed up. Ofc they would help out if their partners come to gank someone or something. But after the laning phase, Tryndamere never travels without 1-2 support heroes, the most popular I see are kayle and zilean.

and Atma's impaler is stupid, as 2% of Tryndamere's max health at 2.2k hp is 44 damage. Adding warmogs makes it like 54 or something.

He isnt seen around too much not because he is weak, but because he is one of the very few carries that actually take half a brain to play. He is more of an unstoppable killing machine than any other hero in the game, but requires alot of patience and perfect execution to use him to his fullest potential. And most people would rather play somebody easy such as Yi or Ashe than learn a complex carry such as Trynd.

dripskydrip

01-17-2010

There are some quality posts here Disaster and others, thanks for the feedback!

FouFromage

01-17-2010

Not saying I'm the best at Trynd, but he is my favorite champion to play. So here are my tips:

Try and go with a good support. I usually go with a blitz or zilean. But if you're with any decent player most will do. Play defensively for a while, unless you're feeling rather confident at first, don't go for ganks as his skills eat up his health early. Use your spinning attack to eat up minions, and use your Q skill as much as possible to get heatlh.
My build:
1st- Life Steal Scepter
2nd - Berserker Greaves
3rd - Malady (uses scepter)
4th - Infinity Edge (Once you get this you can easily take on anyone 1v1... even most 2v1
5th - 2 Zeals
6th - Bloodthirster
7th - Upgrade zeals to Phantoms (If game lasts this long)
You'll be doing 1000+ damage every hit with enough life steal to keep you alive. Use your slash to join team fights through trees (don't be the first to go in). Always go for the most squishy people first. Most people only take 3 hits to kill, tanks may take 5 - 6. But when you're doing that much damage, it messes with people's minds and usually makes them flee, which they have no way of getting away.
With this build, you can solo Baron if you need it.
But as always, it depends on the quality of your team, you can't do it alone. Stay back, and don't take "too many' risks.