Tired of sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

Katarina/Veigar/Ryze is what i'd say. Or AP Tristana

Zizzefex

01-21-2010

AP Nunu sucks just as bad as AP Sion, considering you can easily stun/flash out of Nunu's ult easily... and going AP on him means you won't be able to take any hits. Play a real caster if your going the AP route.

Judah the Lion

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizzefex View Post
AP Nunu sucks just as bad as AP Sion, considering you can easily stun/flash out of Nunu's ult easily... and going AP on him means you won't be able to take any hits. Play a real caster if your going the AP route.
What's this AP Sion is bad business?! He rapes when played correctly.

Ever try Sheen? Seriously? I don't get it. He has the highest rush-down damage potential of anyone when that hits the floor.

Woe is me.

Klazzix

01-22-2010

AP Sion is fun to play really. But like you said man, late game, you're really just a tank with a stun since everyone can pretty much burst your bubble before it explodes.

Since you have an AP rune book, it's good to look for champs that scale well with it too like Sion. Champions that come to mind are Jax (AP Jax, err can be good somewhat), Nunu (600 ice balls, 1500 Ults), Eve? (Not for competitive play but the AP ratio is nice), Annie, Singed (Poison, Fling), Alistar (Yeah AP Alistar, it's monster), Karthus/Anivia (since you have mp5).

Well that's all I can think of for now. GL.

mrdudefool

01-22-2010

Nunu is a good choice. His ap scaling is amazing. You should also try consider playing ryze, he could potentially get 800 ap with his ult.

Soookayyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

I play an AP singed and it wouldnt be a huge change for you. You can tank fairly well with an AP singed in the sense that your going to soak up some damage, poison everyone, run out and have them chase you, fling people around. He definitly plays a much bigger role in a team fight then Sion could and depending on the items you get you can get very big in HP and still have a poison ticking for over 200 easy.

Look at a good ap singed guide and you'll see what i mean

Hikaratu

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdudefool View Post
Nunu is a good choice. His ap scaling is amazing. You should also try consider playing ryze, he could potentially get 800 ap with his ult.
Say it with me. Bad advice is bad, bad advice is bad. Ryze is a terrible hero for ap stacking.

Leobardis

01-22-2010

Aren't you last hitting with enrage on? I mean, a hybrid AP/dmg sion who has been last hitting creeps and farming all game should have enough HP to tank...

If you are maxing out his shield and gaze and substantially ignoring enrage, that is your problem. Sion really is a hybrid character, and maxing one ability and ignoring the others is probably the source of your problem...

Aestartes

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootz View Post
my teamates get pissed at me for my "in and out" mentality

I typically hang back a bit.. go in for the stun.. explode.. hit a few times.. and get out to wait for cooldowns.

my team however feels i should be the initiator and tank the damage the entire time.. im trying to explain to them that my ap build is not tanky without a shield up..

but ya they are getting pretty fed up with my sion having to dip out of group fights every time i pop my shield..
No Koot you friggin liar we get mad when 2 more white hits would kill the guy but you run away 75%+ health to wait for cd's instead of finishing the kills.

Stick with Fiddle bro he fits nicely into all of our comps.

Aspie

01-22-2010

I'm still fairly new at this game (am only level 16), but what about Sion's ultimate?

It gives him a good amount of attack speed and life leech, which also heals your party. I haven't played Sion a whole lot but I thought about maybe getting some AP for farming ability and then moving towards defensive/offensive mix for his ultimate. I do understand that players can interrupt you and make it difficult to actually hit them, so this approach may not be very good. Just an idea!

Wouldn't his passive let him tank just a bit easier as well? It should allow somebody to focus just a bit less on defense and more on offense.