Tired of sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLee Tipsy

01-16-2010

I have been playing ap sion solely since i started playing. my entire rune book is build around ap sion.

While i do fine in most games. i find that in really high level games i am easily shut down and become little more than a nuisance that is easily killed

I have next to no tankyness in late game even with around 400 ap... all my survivability is based around my shield.. and most good teams will shut that down completly

While sion was a great character to start playing with i find that he is just to easily countered in high levels of play. and most half decent teams will make you look like a complete joke.

So i am looking for another ap based viable character to play in semi competitive play. i do not wish to replace all my runes to play another character.. so is there a ap type class that will mesh well with the ap sion runeset im currently using.

Phoxly

01-16-2010

AP Nunu is really fun to play and pretty viable too. Just flash in a team fight, ult, and then throw ice at Poppy who lived through it all.

Raplesyrup1

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootz View Post
I have been playing ap sion solely since i started playing. my entire rune book is build around ap sion.

While i do fine in most games. i find that in really high level games i am easily shut down and become little more than a nuisance that is easily killed

I have next to no tankyness in late game even with around 400 ap... all my survivability is based around my shield.. and most good teams will shut that down completly

While sion was a great character to start playing with i find that he is just to easily countered in high levels of play. and most half decent teams will make you look like a complete joke.

So i am looking for another ap based viable character to play in semi competitive play. i do not wish to replace all my runes to play another character.. so is there a ap type class that will mesh well with the ap sion runeset im currently using.
Post what runes you're actually using.

Judah the Lion

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootz View Post

It sounds to me like you're not doing enough ganking early on, and not enough en-mass farming for lane push.

I'm frequently in and out of the "high ELO" with my clique, and I'll often times result to AP Sion, wreaking havoc all over the place.

He takes a different mentality to play effectively against smarter people, not unlike Master Yi in high lvl games.

RockLee Tipsy

01-16-2010

my teamates get pissed at me for my "in and out" mentality

I typically hang back a bit.. go in for the stun.. explode.. hit a few times.. and get out to wait for cooldowns.

my team however feels i should be the initiator and tank the damage the entire time.. im trying to explain to them that my ap build is not tanky without a shield up..

but ya they are getting pretty fed up with my sion having to dip out of group fights every time i pop my shield..

RockLee Tipsy

01-16-2010

So i think i may try ap nunu..

My current runes are

red: teir 3 ability power (potency)
yello: teir 3 ability power
blue: teir 3 mp5

both my quintesences are ap

sound good for ap nunu?

amraK

01-16-2010

Ryze or Veigar would probably be good. Singed viable too. A good Karthus is scary too. Because when you kill him he ain't dead! yet...

EDIT: Said Sion meant Singed.

TerranMarine

01-17-2010

yeah ap build is more for hit and run at higher elos. if they want you to tank with sion... i really dont know what to say, his tank builds pretty terrible compared to other tanks. because unlike that alistair, with his aoe stun and punt, all that sion has to stop your charge is a single stun, making him easily ignored until all his teamates are dead, because he built as a tank instead of a damage class.

tl;dr of that, if your teamates want you to tank they are idiots, unless the entire team lacks cc and is chasing you(highly unlikely) that bubble and you are both going to go down in seconds to focus fire.

as for alternatives, you could try a damage build for some variety, or continue chasing their carry through towers(when the rest of his team is accounted for and elsewhere) to the point at which you fulfilled your late game goal of becoming useless, as your mass ganks across the map have forced the entire enemy team to buy banshee veils out of pure terror.

if you want another mage for sure, perhaps fiddlesticks? throw in an abyssal scepter magic pen runes and his passive and the enemy's resistance will drop to nothing as you ult in.

edit: also, what boots are you running on your ap build? boots of mobility and ghost provide you with a 554 movespeed, allowing you to run in from behind prior to a teamfight, pick off that guy at half health thats a little too far behind their team to be safe, and be back in the jungle before they finish hearing what happened, 3s after you first ran out

Rameka

01-21-2010

AP Sion IS a joke. Therein lies your problem.

Judah the Lion

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameka View Post
AP Sion IS a joke. Therein lies your problem.
You'd be wrong, sir.