Katarina: the overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furor

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
Here I clarified your response a bit:
No, no, you got it all wrong. It's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch41111
lalalala i'm talkn 2 da peepz dat r lyk yo she so OP! so i kant heer u! lalalala

Knote

01-16-2010

Besides the fact that most of the dmg is already dealt by the time someone would react to it and stop it.

Plus a simple banshee's veil or popping Cleanse with her ulti would stop an interupt no?

Furor

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knote View Post
Besides the fact that most of the dmg is already dealt by the time someone would react to it and stop it.

Plus a simple banshee's veil or popping Cleanse with her ulti would stop an interupt no?
Oh hey look, someone else that has no clue what they're talking about!

I've personally interrupted Kat's ult within 0.5 seconds of the cast. In fact, if you aren't old and decrepit, or have decent reaction time, you can easily interrupt or escape in under 1 second. So assuming that 1 second, that's 1/3rd of its total damage. So OP bro, so OP.

Banshee's Veil, which has mana. Banshee's Veil, which gets popped by every spammable spell in the game. Banshee's Veil, which is largely useless on Katarina. Yes, you have no clue what you're talking about.

And the Cleanse you speak of hasn't existed in about a month now. Cleanse doesn't grant immunity to spells.

Nerlis

01-16-2010

With the nerf on her ult, she's not OP. She was not before either, shw was just... strong, just as like almost all other hero in this game when you play them nicely... About her ult, like some people said, just stun her, use flash, etc.. Its not like its impossible to avoid, its kinda easy...

das Madchen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Isn't the point of an ult supposed to be good and get kills? If you nerf her ult, nerf annies, veigars, yi's, corki, nunu, nassus, etc. etc.

AIM7Sparrow

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch41111 View Post
say what you all want i guess, im not talking to you anyways haha. i know im not the only one who thinks shes unbalanced. your just the *******s who like to go into threads and argue because you have nothing better to do.
no actually you're just the kind of person who think they know everything and also most likely the guy that ragequits when he can't solo mid as shaco when there's a sivir, corki, kat, and twitch on your team.

Knote

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furor View Post
Oh hey look, someone else that has no clue what they're talking about!

I've personally interrupted Kat's ult within 0.5 seconds of the cast. In fact, if you aren't old and decrepit, or have decent reaction time, you can easily interrupt or escape in under 1 second. So assuming that 1 second, that's 1/3rd of its total damage. So OP bro, so OP.

Banshee's Veil, which has mana. Banshee's Veil, which gets popped by every spammable spell in the game. Banshee's Veil, which is largely useless on Katarina. Yes, you have no clue what you're talking about.

And the Cleanse you speak of hasn't existed in about a month now. Cleanse doesn't grant immunity to spells.
Well sure, If I know she's around and looking for the opportunity to use it. But if a smart one sneaks up on you it can still pump out some good dmg.

I'm not saying its OP. But it's not a worthless piece of ****. Reading the description on Cleanse is says it gives 2 seconds of immunity now so wouldn't that work well with it?

Talk down moar plz. ><

Furor

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knote View Post
Well sure, If I know she's around and looking for the opportunity to use it. But if a smart one sneaks up on you it can still pump out some good dmg.
Unless you know specifically where she's at, you should always be ready and prepared for it. As for "smart one", you obviously don't realize who you're talking to. I know the ins and outs of Katarina, because I've played over 300 games as her. It's incredibly easy to counter her, and there really are no valid excuses for not doing so. If I can save Malphite's minute-long CD ultimate to stun her every time, you can save a 15-30 CD second fear, silence, or stun.
Quote:
I'm not saying its OP. But it's not a worthless piece of ****. Reading the description on Cleanse is says it gives 2 seconds of immunity now so wouldn't that work well with it?
Try to keep up with the patch notes. They fail at updating tooltips. Cleanse, again, hasn't worked that way for over a month when it was nerfed. You'll notice rather quickly when you enter a game with it.

Quote:
Talk down moar plz. ><
I will. I've grown quite intolerant of ignorance.

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Nice rage thread.

I find kats do funny damage with just one BF sword and a couple of hearts of gold
while double dipping from rally.

i dont think shes weak, and i dont think the nerf that came with this patch was a bigdeal.

Its a problematic ult paired with blackshield as much as twich can have a problematic ult
paired with Kayle.

But yeah, just saying.