Custom games with host afk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ratcharmer

01-28-2011

Hi.

I keep trying to join custom games, but more than half the time I run into games where the host just started the game and then left. This makes it extremely difficult to find games you can actually PLAY in.

I'd suggest creating a system where games are automatically closed if the host is idle for more than a certain length of time (one particular game has been up for at least a week now, and the host is always afk). Barring that, maybe some sort of moderator who can close games where the host isn't present.

Thanks,
Ratcharmer

Shuuyu

02-07-2011

I think another solution might be to just enable the 4 members in a 5v5 custom game to vote to start game anyways.
This way, even if the host is afk the team can still play anyways. I DO understand that some people have something important to take care of that they didn't see coming: "someone breaking into your house"
"Your dog running loose in the neighborhood"
"Cops at your door"
The list goes on.

And if they never show up during the game, whether because they were super busy or just letting other people farm IP for them, the team can still report them for excessive time spent idle.

What I'd like to see MORE THAN a solution to afk hosts, is a way to hide the "locked" games or "search" custom games.
It's annoying to wade through the custom game list and find almost all of them are locked or not relevant to what I'm looking for.

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuyu View Post
I think another solution might be to just enable the 4 members in a 5v5 custom game to vote to start game anyways.
This way, even if the host is afk the team can still play anyways. I DO understand that some people have something important to take care of that they didn't see coming: "someone breaking into your house"
"Your dog running loose in the neighborhood"
"Cops at your door"
The list goes on.

And if they never show up during the game, whether because they were super busy or just letting other people farm IP for them, the team can still report them for excessive time spent idle.

What I'd like to see MORE THAN a solution to afk hosts, is a way to hide the "locked" games or "search" custom games.
It's annoying to wade through the custom game list and find almost all of them are locked or not relevant to what I'm looking for.
Rather than letting them start the game, it'd be cool if all other players in a full game could kick the host for being afk and let a new one be chosen.

Shuuyu

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiales View Post
Rather than letting them start the game, it'd be cool if all other players in a full game could kick the host for being afk and let a new one be chosen.
That works too, the only downside being the possibility of it being abused by troll teams. : (
REALLY unlikely though (lol everyone knows trolls have no friends), but the possibility exists. ^-^a
Really sucks if you're a host, you have a team, you try to press the start button but everyone's kicked you from the game. O_o

Maybe make it so the option only becomes possible if the host is idle for more than 30 seconds? This way if the HOST is busy before the 30 second mark, he can tell everyone: "Oh, brb." At least this way you know the host didn't just start the game and leave to be a ****.
Another option: "Give hosts the ability to leave a message when people enter"
["I'm AFK, had to go take a piss, be back in a minute"]