Devistating Blow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-17-2010

Only the 8% of current life is capped, Cardboard.

Quinnister

01-17-2010

Devastating Blow is a melee Parrley with +8% which does not proc lifesteal and deals physical damage, effectively. Parrrley has a lower CD until Devastating Blow is lv5.

200 Damage Comparisons vs. Base Armor/MR defined as 70/30 with 2000 HP:
((200 + 180) + 8% HP) * (100/170) = DB 224.53
(200 * .8 + 150) * (100/130) = Parrrley 238.46

In this case, Parrley hits harder because of how MR is lower. Not to mention, magic penetration will have a larger effect than armor penetration. Parrley is also ranged and gives extra gold on creep kills. Parrrley also procs lifesteal. They both have the same cooldown.

I believe this proves that Devastating Blow is not overpowered as it is melee and overall inferior to Parrrley.

Her passive approaches 150% eHP as a limit. It's highly unlikely you'll ever reach this limit. Assuming you're under circumstances such as getting hit by 2,000 damage nukes and the like, you can expect to approach her HP to be 2821 HP. Now, understand, this is in the beyond perfect situation where every incoming nuke is dealing thousands of damage. The only way you'd ever see this is if Poppy was hit by a 3575 damage nuke. Is her passive incredibly good? Undeniably yes, however, she's not much more durable than any champion labeled "tank" in any practical situation.

On the whole, I don't believe Poppy is deserving of a big nerf. Her passive is quite good but its effects are often overstated on the forums.

Reivur

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanji Watsuki View Post
Devastating Blow is a melee Parrley with +8% which does not proc lifesteal and deals physical damage, effectively. Parrrley has a lower CD until Devastating Blow is lv5.

200 Damage Comparisons vs. Base Armor/MR defined as 70/30 with 2000 HP:
((200 + 180) + 8% HP) * (100/170) = DB 224.53
(200 * .8 + 150) * (100/130) = Parrrley 238.46

In this case, Parrley hits harder because of how MR is lower. Not to mention, magic penetration will have a larger effect than armor penetration. Parrley is also ranged and gives extra gold on creep kills. Parrrley also procs lifesteal. They both have the same cooldown.

I believe this proves that Devastating Blow is not overpowered as it is melee and overall inferior to Parrrley.

Her passive approaches 150% eHP as a limit. It's highly unlikely you'll ever reach this limit. Assuming you're under circumstances such as getting hit by 2,000 damage nukes and the like, you can expect to approach her HP to be 2821 HP. Now, understand, this is in the beyond perfect situation where every incoming nuke is dealing thousands of damage. The only way you'd ever see this is if Poppy was hit by a 3575 damage nuke. Is her passive incredibly good? Undeniably yes, however, she's not much more durable than any champion labeled "tank" in any practical situation.

On the whole, I don't believe Poppy is deserving of a big nerf. Her passive is quite good but its effects are often overstated on the forums.
Not just overstated but completely outside the bounds of reality. OH MY GOD GUYS IT CUTS DAMAGE IN HALF.

No. Just no.

Black Spore Dawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Did you guys ever take armor in account before complaining about that passive? The problem with Poppy is the low cooldown and mana cost of her skills, it's just too much, way too much. Or rather too little.

Edit: I've had Devi deal 764 damage to me, so much for the cap.