Devistating Blow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMFJames

01-16-2010

HOLY **** FIX THAT, i tried to play a game as DPS Malphite to have some fun, and i was was doing really well had a good 6 kills before my first death, and the first death was to a poppy, who had 1 kill and no deaths, heroic charged outta no where, and Devi stating blowed me for 75% of my hp, then did it again in 4 ****ign seconds, how is that remotely balanced. she has a spammable hp nuke, and i wasnt even a tank, i had 2k hp each hit was doing 1.3k. what asinine idea went through the developers head for that ability?, not to mention i cant even fight back cause all my attacks get halved. so its as thought im not even farmed when im fighting her. cause its so hard to do more then 10% of her ****ing current hp in a hit.

Zouave321

01-16-2010

yo sir i head its devastating blow.
and no its not op, only op with poppy is his ult +passive

Krosan

01-16-2010

Passive is not that powerful. People sit around complaining about it halving all damage; no, it halves all damage that exceeds 10% of Poppy's HP. Which means you're doing at least 10% of Poppy's HP, plus some. It's a good survivability boost, but it's not realistically going to take off more than maybe a quarter or a third of even a good nuke; the only time I can see it having a large effect is if someone unloads a major bomb, like Nunu's ult, and she hasn't stacked HP. Even then, if you assume (some super-generalized math here) 1000 damage for Nunu's ult, and Poppy has 2000 HP at the moment, she'll take (200+(800/2), or 600 damage.

The only thing that Poppy's passive is good for is taking the edge off of massive criticals or huge damage nukes.

And the only problem with Devastating Blow is the same problem that you get with Siphoning Strike, Parrley, Power Fist... It synergizes amazingly well with sheen/triforce. I feel like attacks like that should be similar to a nuke instead of "activate, then takes effect on next autoattack". The problem is that it's an autoattack with a huge damage bonus. It's a powerful skill, but so are the others.

And I haven't had any major balance issues with Poppy. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as when Udyr came out (and I saw people quitting from champion select to avoid having to play with an Udyr in the room), or when Nidalee came out (and every **** room had two Nidalees, people fought over her, and she felt OP until people figured out how to play against her).

OMFJames

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
Passive is not that powerful. People sit around complaining about it halving all damage; no, it halves all damage that exceeds 10% of Poppy's HP. Which means you're doing at least 10% of Poppy's HP, plus some. It's a good survivability boost, but it's not realistically going to take off more than maybe a quarter or a third of even a good nuke; the only time I can see it having a large effect is if someone unloads a major bomb, like Nunu's ult, and she hasn't stacked HP. Even then, if you assume (some super-generalized math here) 1000 damage for Nunu's ult, and Poppy has 2000 HP at the moment, she'll take (200+(800/2), or 600 damage.

The only thing that Poppy's passive is good for is taking the edge off of massive criticals or huge damage nukes.
that is the most false statement i have ever read. maybe its supposed to work like that but it doesn't, it halves the dmg on every hit regardless of what you hit for, ie) if you hit for 500 (as most heroes do) you're always going to hit her for 250, then when she gets down to 10% hp the passive absorbs even more dmg, as im a chogath player, and ive tested this with some friends, lvl 3 Feast (800) dmg, only deals 100 dmg if she's lower then 400 hp, and its complete and utter bull****

Ramaloke

01-17-2010

I agree, from all my expérience so far with multiple heroes against poppy :

She won't just die once she reach less than 200hp, don't know why, it seems as if the passive mitigated like 95% of incoming damage.

The worse was when i played rammus, got a cloak of flame, good gears etc, she was somewhere close to 100-150 hp max. After 4 hits AND 4 ticks of cloak, i die to her atk (the 2nd devastating for info) and she run away, alive.

There is absolutely no way it only absorb 50%. A pirate in game told me he crited her for...40!!! damage.

Not even mentioning a 4 men gank on a poppy, it took us a good 10s (really) to down her, and she wasn't carried, no no.

Zmurf

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
Passive is not that powerful.
hmmmmm so you believe that Poppy's passive is on the "exact" same level as the other champs passives? It has the ability to negate masses of damage when she gets lowish hp.

This makes a lot of champs ult's almost ineffective on her.

This is not an ability, this is the passive and its noticeably better then the rest of the champs.

Poppy is stupidly easy mode atm

Daikaze

01-17-2010

I think the problem is Sheen, and I believe it is affecting the total damage of the ability (not just base) and so it's resulting in massive amounts of damage. Either that, or the bonus damage isn't properly capping.

Loneways

01-17-2010

Well lets look at the formula for it: attack damage + rank amount + 8% of target of health/ max limit of rank.

this ability can very easily be augmented by attack damage or ability power items to make one of the most damaging one-hitters ever, and i would say much more lethal than when compared to blitz's rocket punch (2x base damage).

If anything I say remove the attack damage from the equation, or lessen the power increases in rank.

cardboardbox

01-17-2010

The damage on devastating blow does cap... OP if you lost 75% of your hp to Poppy's combo you have something like 750 TOTAL hp... so someone (obviously the OP) is lying about Poppy's Q damage.

Zsteven44

01-17-2010

he's not, i was also playing malphite today against a poppy. She was DB'ing me for around 60-70% of my max hp. This was around mid game, beginning of the late game phase. I haven't played Poppy yet so i don't want to complain without knowing exactly how she works, but it CAN happen.