Rusty Blitzcrank Skin Leaving the Store, Now 25% Off

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slothrop

01-16-2010

Saying the 25% off thing (and similar offers, such as the Ashe skin) is a bad business strategy is just plain false. Doing mark-downs for short times works BRILLIANTLY for Steam, the most prosperous online distribution system out there today. As to it being unfair for people who have already purchased it, this is a symptom of ALL market economies, not just Riot's game. If you buy a DVD the day it comes out but your friend waits a couple months, the price will most likely be lower for your friend. The upside for you is that you get to watch the DVD before your friend. As for people who bought the Blitzcrank skin, say, yesterday, that does really suck. But if they put it up for 25% off yesterday, some people would be pissed cause they bought it two days ago. That part is not something Riot can effect at all.

Xate

01-16-2010

Just turn your monitor contrast down a bit and bam, you are rusty Blitzcrank.

Riot skins are like Disney movies now =p.

The Hye Circus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-16-2010

Riot your poor decision making knows no bounds. I have another round of seals to finish, then I was buying Blitz. After buying Blitz, I was going to buy his Rusty skin.

But now, since the skin is (for some reason) leaving the store, looks like you miss out on my money. I can't buy the skin without Blitz. And, if skins are going to be leaving the store, it just kills my desire for skins in general.

But you're the ones who know what you're doing. And apparently, you sure know how to piss off the consumer.

SuperStomper

01-16-2010

Good riddance to this worthless skin. I'd take a 3 year olds drawing over this skin. I'd take it off the shelves as well if I were you. Good thing you reduced the price so you can get those few diehard fans to buy it.

banduan

01-16-2010

This is different from the Corki skin issue, the same arguments don't quite apply.

Nice move for the discount but why LE anyway?

Wicked Zen

01-16-2010

Was this skin ever fixed so that Rocket Fist matches the color of the body?

Amphiprison

01-16-2010

This is quite brilliant on their part, actually. Those who saw the Rusty Blitz and said OMG MUST HAVE already bought it. Those who were on the fence about it but were holding off for some reason now have a great reason to get it. Those who don't buy it at a reduced price now... well, they probably don't need it as much as they think they do.

And of course, those spoiled collectaholics who MUST HAVE ALL SKINS will go and pay good RP for an expensive champ that could be bought with IP *plus* the RP for the skin. No skin off my back.

It's also a great warning shot across the bow for anyone who is waiting on the skin they'll get "someday"- if you liked, say, Toxic Mundo but didn't want to pay full price, you can hold off and get a good deal when it 'goes on clearance'.

What this tells me is that I should never buy a brand new skin from now on. I'm patient enough never to pay full price for a skin if I know they're all going to be 'clearanced' eventually (and why wouldn't they?)

I suppose I could be stymied out of some skins if Riot decides some skins will never go on Limited Edition... but I think Riot loses more in that gambit than I do.

defekter

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMashme View Post
= | i want riot card point cards in canada!
just go to any shoppers, metro, or anything like that, buy a prepaid visa card.
it works really well

and
and
and

WHAT THE ****
im never buying a skin again

minimanlow

01-16-2010

Nice 1 day notice Riot >.< at least give people time to go pick up a 10$ point card Well theres one champion skin i wont ever see lol

Ashblade

01-16-2010

again with the penalty for actually jumping on the band wagon... A little late with all these packages and deals..making alot of folks angry

12345612 ... 13