Poppy is fine, but

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axecution

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

As of yet I can see nothing wrong with Poppy. She works just fine and like every champ brings something new to the table. As such, people who haven't gone against her yet will be at a disadvantage in realising how she works.

However, there are perhaps two aspects of Poppy that might need to be reworked at some point in time.

1) Devastating Blow. Almost every major Poppy player recognises that at some point the additive will probably be reduced from 8% to about 4-6% so that's one thing. But that isn't even really in contention right now, cause she'll still do a ton of damage with or without this.

2) Her Passive. Now this is a real problem when it effectively makes her nuke prone -- which again is fine except for the fact that it works on both AP nukes (ie; Ryze, Nunu, Veigar) and on DPS-ish nukes (ie; Parrrley {i know it deals AP damage}, other Devastating Blows, Dmg stack attack {lich bane/trinity force, etc} and other such.

This creates a real problem as it becomes slightly OP.

I8C SRS FACE

01-16-2010

Her passive is clearly overpowered as it offers an extreme amount of damage reduction and is not an item you need to buy, nor a move you have to level up. I have seen a Poppy with 200 HP escape Karthus' ultimate earlier today, and I've seen her shrug off a Tibbers dropped on her head when she had maybe 300 health.

It's absurd to be able to negate HALF of the damage of anything. Ever. Even if you stack ridiculous amounts of armor on your champion, at least you had to pay money to do so and in the process gimped your damage or magic resist or something.

Mirtrius

01-16-2010

And it appears to be calculated after armor, so if you have 50% damage redux already, its practically 75% if it deals over 10% of your max health, ridiculous

Pachirisu

01-16-2010

The amount of people that don't understand how Poppy's passive works is truly astounding...

Lilitu

01-16-2010

Regardless of how we understand stuff to work or not to work I don't think there is much arguing that she is pretty strong.

Pachirisu

01-16-2010

She is a pretty hard counter to most mages and nukes. There are still plenty of heroes that have little to no problem rolling over Poppy. Yi, Udyr, Corki, Teemo, Twitch...to name some of the most commonly played ones.

Fbsunny

01-16-2010

I think that Poppy's passive is way too good. Earlier today I had a game where I was 16-2 as Nunu and had a teamate who was 7-1 as Jax. Even 2v1 and fed we had a very hard time killing the Poppy on their team with 2 kills and 6+ deaths. The only reason we were even to get that many kills was because he would come in at 40% hp against us at full, and my slow and his stun could keep him close enough that after about 10 seconds we could get the kill.